danddferr

Northeast Rally In Vermont

We just registered for the Vermont Rally in July.

It will be our first FMCA Rally Looking forward to meeting new people and perhaps joining a chapter.

Anyone else going?

Any info you can share about past rallies, arriving early,staying later etc. greatly appreciated.

Dan

Dan and Donna,

To answer your questions about the Northeast area rally, this year's rally has many new and exciting events that will interest all ages. We will have the usual events that are a part of all rallies such as vendors, seminars, coach displays, chapter fairs and ice cream socials but also there will be a pig roast, driver rodeo for both towables and motorhomes, a ladies driving class for both towables and motorhomes, a golf cart obstacle driving contest where the driver is blindfolded and guided through pylons by the co-pilot.

Also, such options as a zip line and rock climbing event, a hot air balloon ride, a sailboat cruise on Lake Champlain, a tour of the Coast Guard station, a brewery tour, sky divers, and several other events.

On Sunday there will be a day of pet events. There will be a dog agility event, dog Frisbee catching event, a dog groomer, a dog trainer, a veterinarian and a police dog show.

There will be four evenings of entertainment.

Volunteers will come in on Wednesday July 18th, other attendees will come in on Thursday July19th. all persons interested in volunteering for any function are welcome. Anyone wishing to come into the grounds prior to Wednesday or stay later than the end of the rally may do so by contacting the Champlain Valley Expo Center at 1-802-878-5545, rates are very reasonable.

Anyone having any questions may contact me at diplomatman2002@yahoo.com .

We look forward to seeing you.

Paul DuBois

Northeast Area Vice President

danddferr,

Can't get a better person to answer your question then that.

Go and check out everything there and next year jump right in and volunteer, it's a great experience.

Thanks for the great input. Dw and I are teachers so volunteering is sooo normal for us. Is there some place to sign up to volunteer? Of course perhaps I should check with the DW and check with her. Can't wait to get the rig unwinterized. The DW has knee replacement ( her second) coming up March 30th. Hoping to do our first camping of the season during April vacation.

See you there!

Dan

Just got the rally documents. YEAH!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to meeting new friends and having a great time. We are going to Normandy Farms in Foxboro, Ma. for Memorial Day weekend. Time to kick off Summer!

Dan

We will probably see everyone there, I plan to attend. I'll be parked, most likely with the SI chapter as long as there is electricity in that area.