Sign in to follow this  
msmpinky@yahoo.com

Cloudy, discolored windows

Is anyone else having a problem with the windows in their motorhome?

Ours, especially the driver's side, are becoming foggy, hazy, and discolored looking. I think this is a common problem that needs to be addressed so we can get help. So far no one, not the extended warranty, the insurance company, or the manufacturer wants to take responsibility and help with this. It is expensive to replace these windows. It is a safety issue as well as unsightly looking. Thanks for any comments.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum, drmflorida.

A number of other people have discussed this same topic in a thread titled "Fogged Double Pane Windows" in this same topic. If you will look a little further down the General Discussion, you will find this thread. I believe you will find several possible repair places as well as some information about replacing windows. By the way, it helps all of us if you give us some information about your coach. What make? What model? What year? See what some of us have done with our signature as a way of always including this information. If you have additional posts and we all hope you do, it is easiest to go to My Control and put that information in your signature.

Having said all the above, I stand corrected. The posting I mentioned has had no replies though I was sure that at one time it did include mention of several locations where window repair could be obtained. I'll continue looking for where I have seen that discussion, it doesn't seem to be here now.

Later...

I have found one reference for Suncoast Glass in Hudson, Florida in a post on another web site. Another mentions Lazy Days also in Florida as a location for a fix. I also found mention of someone who attempted a fix on their own and broke the glass.

A fourth post mentions having a new window rebuilt by Binswanger Glass - Marietta, Georgia. The owner removed the glass and took it to this company which then made a new glass. Their cost was about $120. www.binswangerglass.com (check for your location) Binswanger has more than 150 locations in 22 states.

This seems to be a fairly common problem with motor home owners who have the thermal pane windows. Of course this same problem sometimes occurs with thermal pane windows in bricks and sticks homes.

If you check out these sources and find a solution. Please post here your solution and how it worked and what it cost you as a service to others.

I too have a cloudy, thermal pain window. It is the drivers side window. My coach is a 2003 H/R Endeavor. I first noticed water on the inside of this window after having the coach pressure washed. At that time, it was only water running down the inside between the glass. We have several glass companies here in Chattanooga and I will attempt to get it repaired locally. I'll keep you "posted" on my results.

Dave

I must admit I too have a problem with two of my Thermal window's. I know there are plenty more with the same condition, which is due to a sealing condition of the two glasses. I must say I think it is a Mfg. problem, but that will never be an option for them to admit. This is a window, it's either good or bad. My Coach is a 97 Fleetwood Southwind 37' Ford Chassis which just turned 40k miles, nice unit, bad window's.

David G.

Monroe, GA USA