Sign in to follow this  
DOWDYL350

Batteries For 2007 Revolution

Recently purchased a 07 Revolution with a CAT 400 HP.

Is there a easy way to check water level in batteries ? I don't think mine slide out. Is there a conversion kit for slide out ?

I've been told if I keep power plugged in I'll cook the batteries. I've seen the floating charge message. Thank you for any help !

Jim husband of dowdyl350@yahoo.com.

My email is Bad65Chevy@yahoo.com.

Can you tell this is the 1st time I tried this without the BOSS ? HA HA

I'll address the second question first. IF you have a smart charger or inverter charger THAT HAS BEEN PROPERLY PROGRAMMED, it is safe to leave the charger on 24/7. Mine has been on for the last 7 years (same batteries) with no problem. If a "stupid" converter, the caution may be valid-- depends on what voltage it is maintaining at the batteries.

What converter or charger do you have and has it been programmed (look in the device's owners manual for programming information)?

To check water level, you can use a mirror, flashlight and a squeeze bottle to add distilled water. Years ago when I had wet cell batteries (switched over to AGM batteries long time ago-- they are maintenance-free) I took an old, empty squeeze ketchup bottle and added 2' of clear plastic hose that just fit though the opening. Insert the hose in the battery cell and squeeze until the level is correct.

Another alternative to consider is one of the automatic watering systems.

Close to what Brett said, I got a new pump up sprayer from Lowes. I removed the spray nozzle took my tubing bender and bent it so it curves down. Keep it full of distilled water when I need to add water to my batteries I just pump it up and I am able to check and fill all with one pump up. I tried the squeeze bottle and it took too long. It works for me because I'm lazy.

I have a 2003 Revolution & had the same problem with adding water to the batteries. Yes there is a slide out tray for the house batteries. Contact

American Coach talk to them, the compartment that holds the batteries is the same size as the American Coach. The tray is made by kwickee, mine cost $180.00 in 03.

We do very much like our Revo.

Jim T.

I have an automatic watering system with a gravity feed tank. Works perfect and is very simple to use. Just keep the bottle full of distilled water.