Sign in to follow this  
Hawkeye111

Nova Scotia and Newfoundland

Question

Twillingate Newfoundland, and Lunenburg Nova Scotia hosts the finest music festivals we have had the pleasure of attending.

We definitely will go back!

2 answers to this question

I was stationed in Newfoundland in the 50's (Argencia). I know that was 55+ years ago, but I was wondering how the roads are now? Can you take you MH over on the Ferry? I would love to go back with the DW and see how much it has changed. When we travel to new destinations I love to see thing we have not seen before. But at the same time I like to go places that I haven't seen in many years to see how much they have changed.

Herman,

We took the ferry to Newfoundland back in 73. They put Trains,Trucks and cars on them. I did not see them load any planes !!

Think it took about 2hrs to load the thing. Then a 7 to 8 Hr. ride to the Island.

We just stayed in the lounge area,did not get a room. They have recliners that one can take a nap in if you like.

The main roads where not to bad. The farther off the main drag, they changed to dirt,but that was 39 years ago.

The bigger the Coach the higher the price, so if your going for longer then a couple of days it might be worth the price.

Some of the best seafood I have ever eaten.

We did not stay on the Island, but continued on to ferry over to Labrador.

Now ! What they called roads, where more like trails, but that was 40 years ago. Youth is an interesting time of life.

How adventurous are you??? The Road in to the Ranch might look like a super highway when you get back. :)

R.M.