phy0749

Diesel Prices

Guest BillAdams

I am also a BIG Gasbuddy fan. I have their app on my phone and I don't buy anything without consulting it first. I did not know that they did Canadian gas prices so I did not think of it.

Good Morning Fellow FMCAers.... this is my first post on the forum, a bit new to the "computer" but it looks like the way to go!

When I saw the subject DIESEL PRICES, I couldn't wait to start typing. I hope you all don't think I am on "something"..?? lol

$1.01 per U.S. Gallon! I paid this for diesel just a few months ago! While traveling a expedition trekoftheamerica on the Pan American Highway from Texas to Ushuaia, Argentina, we found the normal price of diesel at $1.01 per gallon in Ecuador. It brought back memories, when the total fillup was less than $20.00! I really didn't need to fill up, but when I saw the price, I pulled in, fearing this was not true, and maybe it was only in one place! Fortunately, this price remained throughout Equador!

I was actually looking forward to getting to my next fill-up!! Like a kid waiting to get to the ice cream store!!! I had found lower prices 3 years ago, in Venezuela, where diesel was only .04 cents a gallon! I was on another South American Trip, and we shipped from Venezuela to Miami, Florida. I received my RV at the port in Miami, of course, with full tanks of the four cent diesel, and headed northbound. Somewhere south of the Georgia state line, I stopped to top-off the tanks, and there was a fellow filling his diesel at the station. He commented to me, "This diesel is getting too expensive" (at that time it was about $2.70 /gal)..... I sort of smiled to myself, and told him, " Yes it surely is, the last tank, I only paid 4 cents a gallon!"... He looked at me.....I knew what he was thinking...oh well...didn't have time to explain!!!

Anyway...the DIESEL PRICES in Latin America (Mexico - Central America - South America) are either the same or higher than in the USA, with the exception of Equador, Bolivia, and Venezuela. The highest we paid was in Uruguay, where it almost was $5.00/gal, but we didn't have to take on much. If you top off in Argentina, you can make it to Brazil, without filling in Uruguay. That is the advantage of having large tanks. This is true for those high-priced areas in the USA and Canada also.

post-24308-0-01229700-1335619177_thumb.j

post-24308-0-59123300-1335619411_thumb.j

post-24308-0-12121900-1335619472_thumb.j