BettyH42

Has Anyone Mounted LED LCD TV To Store Flat Against Ceiling for Traveling?

We are wondering if anyone has mounted LED LCD flat screen TV's hinged so that they store against the ceiling (face up) while traveling (and to gain access to old front TV enclosure for additional storage)?

For bedroom, we are thinking of mounting a smaller LED TV on the ceiling, near the head of the bed, in some fashion, so that we can lay in bed and look up without bending our necks to look over our toes to see the screen. I can envision mounting arrangements that could store the TV for traveling facing up or facing down, then pivoting (very slightly for the face down setup) for optimum viewing angle. Thinking of a small unit, 20" or less, but wondering if that would unduly stress the screen?

Has anyone gone down this path? We welcome any thoughts/suggestions.

I have had a lcd tv mounted under the cabinet over my bed for years and thousands of miles. Last summer I upgraded to a led lcd for less current draw. The only tvs that don't travel well laying flat is the plasma tv. My front tv is a 40 inch led lcd Samsung which is 1.2 inches thick and is hinged at the top with gas struts to hold it up when accessing the compartment behind it. It travels in the viewing position.

Brett, Thanks for your comments. Do you have any pics from the side or could you describe your mounting/swinging mechanism. I may want to adapt rather than "invent the wheel"!

Thanks again.

Herman,

No, I used a HD barrel bolt into a steel plate on the TV enclosure frame.

And the barrel bolt is into a tapped overhead frame member of the coach with four screws.

Brett