gmoreno

Slideout Lubes

Hey everyone:

What are you guys recommending for slideout lube and general-purpose lube that does not attract dirt, yet repels water?

Thanks!

Rob

I just used Boeshield T-9 sold at West Marine and other outlets - pricey at $17-18 per spray can but it WORKS !! I just purchased a 2003 Pace Arrow that was not driven or maintained for several years - the 2 rear jacks would not retract all the way - sprayed them with this product and now they retract - also good for slides, awnings, Kwikee steps, etc.

Do a google search to read up on it - It worked for me !!

I see you live in Boxford - we lived in North Andover but very close to the Boxford line - have been in SC for the past 14 years - small world !!

Nick - Hilton Head Island, SC --

Boeshield is magical !! Pricey but works !!

Gunk sells a graphite spray with a solvent carrier. The solvent evaporates and leaves a nice graphic lube. Doesn't attract dirt....

I have a 2008 38P Pace Arrow. I have no manual for my leveler jacks. Where can I find a manual online? Right rear jack won't extend fully and am at a loss on how to fix it.

Batsome,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

You need to tell us what brand and model jack you have for us to be of service.

Have you Googled the brand an checked their website or an on-line manual?

Another alternative is to call them for troubleshooting help.

Jigaloo looks like a great product, I'm going to get a can and try it out.

I've been using dry graphite spray but seems to wear off fast.

Thanks for your post jc21014

WD 40 is good for loosening nuts, bolts, etc. However, as a lubricant, it attracks crud, road grime, dirt and everything else on the road which defeats it's purpose. I'm surprised HWH still recommends it. We have a sailboat and were advised to use dry lube for all moving parts...which makes sense for MHs.