bobbyks

Storm Procedures

I have long been concerned about my wife and I in our motorhome when a tornado is in the area or bad weather known. A concern I have a lot of parks we have visited do not have emergency procedures, warning systems or safe heavens for its guest. We always carry a weather band radio with us, but our first attempt would get out of our MH, but where to go is another concern.

We live in hurricane alley and always stay prepared and have a game plan, tornadoes are another thing. I guess yesterdays storms in the Texas area re-opened my eyes, when I saw what force those storms impact have.

I would like to hear from others about their plans.

bobbyks,

If in Louisiana find an alligator and get under it. They seem impervious to every thing other then man. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, you have a good point. It would not be a bad idea, if RVing during the season, when making reservations to ask if they have a safe room for guests.

If you saw the pictures of the trailers spinning around 100 feet off the ground it will make you stop and think. Most of the trailers you saw were empty but a lot of loaded trailers were turned over. What was amazing is that there were no deaths and only minor injuries.

Thanks for making the point of safety.

Herman

It will be interesting to see what others are doing. I grew up around Lubbock, Texas so I was familiar with tornado precautions and shelters we had when I was young. But much of my adult life

has been spent away from tornado areas and along the Texas coast or in the Texas hill country. The storms around Dallas also started us thinking about the precautions and planning we

need to do. We are currently in the Escapees Rainbow's End park in Livingston, Texas and what to do was a hot topic of discussion yesterday and today. The laundry rooms were suggested

but with 130 sites I don't believe we could all fit.

We are in Fort Worth at Cowtown RV. They told us if need be they would open the rally room, my thoughts were it should have been opened as soon as heavy rain, ping pong size hail and 60 mph + winds were forecast. Luckily all we got was the heavy rain light hail and rain

Staying at Lake End Park in Morgan City on Lake Palourde, a storm hit us about 3am this morning with high winds and hail. The alligators were knocking on the door seeking shelter!