Ferrari

Air Brakes Warning System - Pressure Guage Erratic Reading

I have called them and talked to a technician who said the same as you spoke of above, and they sent me the wiring overnight, even though I didn't request o/n, a plus in my book, and I've replaced the wires and waiting for our next outing to see if this fixes it. I guess the 07 and 08 are similar.Thanks for the info as this has been a problem for some time.

It has been awhile since the last post, and I am happy to say the problem was the wiring harnesses on the LBCU. Very easy to fix, and have to give it up to Freightliner on getting me the parts quickly. Thanks for the help.

Have this same problem. Can you further describe this box that the red n green tubes come out of. Not finding it on my rig. 2001 Itasca Horizon. Much appreciated. If you know of part number that would be helpful also.

David,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

Is your Coach built on a Freightliner Chassis?

The year of you coach puts in the timeline of a VDU issue if you have a Freightliner chassis.

Rich.

On April 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Ferrari said:

I have an Allegro Bus, year 2000, 38 foot diesel pusher. My air pressure gauge will drop down to zero and then fluctuate between zero and 130 psi. While the gauge is going through this gyration, the air brake warning buzzer is on. Then, after a minute or so, the gauge will settle at the appropriate air pressure of 130 psi or even with the second gauge (which works perfect). I don't loose any of my air brakes, but it's a nuisances having this gauge perform in this manner (it doesn't do it all the time, just occasionally. Does anyone know the cause of this problem?

We had an erratic air gauge problem on our 2007 Fleetwood Excursion on a Freightliner chassis. After several erratic trips, and then to the local Freightliner dealer.  Much warranty work and several deductibles over a three year period we were finally on a trip to North Carolina and back to Tulsa when it went off full time. After a long discussion with another Freightliner dealer it was determined that the wiring (called a daisy chain) on the back of the dashpot was installed inside out. Turning the Daisy Chain around has made all the difference in the world and have had zero problems since. 

I have a 2000 fleetwood discovery that had similar issues with gauges. I paid the big bucks for a new ECM which reads air pressure, however, during installation found one of the gauges will not work properly. So I disconnected it and drove anyway (I know, not smart, however...) At the nearest Freightliner service center (after visiting 6 junk yards in Houston), I learned the part is not is stock anywhere in the US and there are over 20 requests for new gauges with this item number. So many of us are having gauge issues. If anyone knows of a great service tech in Houston area that can solder something to make it work, I will reconnect it. But the erratic buzzing was too much for my ears, knowing the air bags are fairly new.  Alternative is to install a manual monitor on each air bag - and finding someone to do this work. Thanks all 

4 hours ago, SueCanDo said:

too much for my ears, knowing the air bags are fairly new.

Are you referring to air bags, or air brake chambers?