Sign in to follow this  
bandm

Firestone 560 Plus 255/70R22.5

BrandM,

Welcome to the Forum.

I just purchased tires, 295-80R X 22.5. I only bought three this time, I had replaced five last year. At the current cost for the tires I bought, I saved $125.00 over the same tire by Michelin. That would make $1,000.00 savings on 8 tires. The cost of my tires went up over $160.00 per tire in the past year.

As to Firestone tires (my opinion only) when better tires are made, Firestone wont have anything to do with it.

I believe that Firestone is one of the worst tire made. They may be able to make racing tires but have great difficulty making a tire that will stand up for the long haul.

I have been down the road with Firestone's 500, 721 and so forth. One came apart on me driving down the highway and tore my drivers side front fender off my car. The tire had less then 3,000 miles on it and after I sent the carcass to Firestone they said it was drivers error. And before you ask, I did not purchase them, my wife did when I was out of town. She thought her tires, GoodRich AT Radials with 48,000 miles on them, needed replacing. We had words about that.

As for my last comment, I cleaned up what I really wanted to say, " when better tires are made, Firestone wont a have a ******* thing to do with it".

I am sorry if I sound a bit harsh.

Herman

Well Herman...I don't know that much bout Firestones but Goodyear make some Crap tires (my opinion) notice I said some!! I've put new Goodyears on my Corvette cause they came with run flats on it from the factory..Goodyear couldn't balance them....They put on 4 sets and all the same...So I went with Michelins and no problem....1 year later I went with Goodyear again for tires on my other Vette and same problem....I had wheels checked and front end parts...everything!! no problem there..So I don't no what the hay!!Bought a new Monaco this year 41 ft d/p Guess what...Came with Goodyears on it!!! so time will tell...got about 10,000 on them so far and no problems YET!! BUTCH..I think they were made it TX..hehe!!!