Sign in to follow this  
CAdvoc

Advantium Microwave by GE - Loss of Power

Dear GE:

I have a GE Advantium Microwave Oven (Model SCA1001HSS 01, Ser. #: HG900463K, Mfg. May '04) which simply quit working this past Sunday while baking. Having checked circuit breaker (turning off for 30+ seconds, then back on as recommended) & finding it had NOT tripped; checking power supply to outlet where Microwave is plugged in and finding it DID have power, I am at a loss as to `why' the unit has no power - even the LED readout has nothing showing. So, there is no power `within' the unit & our process of elimination has narrowed the `cause' down to something WITHIN the microwave. I called your national repair #800-626-2000 twice & have been directed to locate a service repair facility on my own to take care of the problem. Apparently you have NO customer service tech. I can speak to to ask questions, etc. We live in our 2005 American Eagle Motor Home & are at a disadvantage not having the unit, nor any info of any `competent' GE Repair provider to turn to. Can you help us? We are presently in the 37912 zip code area of Knoxville, TN & will soon be in the 29614 zip code area of Greenville, SC. Would appreciate being referred to a competent GE repair organization in both of these areas (neither SEARS nor HH Gregg fit this description). Thank you for your help.

Clovis Gentilhomme

cc: Family Motor Coach Association

Escapees RV Club

American Coach Owners Group

I seriously doubt that you expect anyone from GE Appliances to respond here so I took the liberty to spend a couple of minutes to find the following link to help you find a service center to help in your quest to find an authorized repair station on your route. I had to do a similar search when our Sharp Convection died twice in less than a year while we were full timing a few years ago.

http://repair.geappliances.com/