Sign in to follow this  
fcloutier

Foldable table for motorhome

I would like to build a foldable table for indoor use in the motorhome. Ideally it could serve as a coffee table and a serving table. Has anyone seen any plans?

My wife wanted similar table but did not specify folding. I took a 1 x 10 piece of lumber 4 ft long, finished it off, made some legs for each end from same lumber and put lower shelf on for stability made from 1 x 8. It sits in front of the couch and holds books, drinks, snacks, etc. When slides are in it is narrow enough not to block pass thru. Can be turned upside down and stored on couch for travel if needed. You could make the legs folding by adding hinges and leave off the bottom shelf or make it removeable. I wanted the bottom shelf for stability/stifness. Le me know if you are interested in more details. bobsea43 e-mail is mms74 @ Earthlink.net SPAMBLOCKER will block your initial msg but put RV Table in subj and I will find it.

My husband made one for our RV using a nice wood tv tray that had edges around it so that things dont get knocked off.

He removed the tv table legs and replaced them with solid wood ones that had a pattern on them (he got at Home Depot) when traveling we just turn it upside down and put it on the couch. We just put it between the couch and the recliner and we both can use it.

My husband has made a folding coffee table for our MH and he has made several for friends. He has the plans that he drew up from a table that a friend had. The top lifts off and the ends fold in to make 2 flat pieces. We slide the top beside the drivers seat and lay the other piece on the bed. If you have room the folded piece can also slide under the couch. There is also a table out there called "The Magic Table" It can be a coffee table or raise for a dining table. It is a neat little table but it needs to have a lock for the top. It can move a little too easily. The top rotates after you lift the drop leaves up. Do a search for this table and you will find it. They have them for less $$ at the salvage stores in Indianna. We picked one up for $75 when we were there. I will try to remember to have my husband get his plans and send them to you if you will send me address info or email through a private message.