Sign in to follow this  
DarylSullivan

2011 Ford Escape Transmission Failure

We recenty towed on 2011 Ford Escape from Iowa to South Texas. When we were 25 miles from our destination we were warned of a problem by a passing motorist. When we pulled over we notice smoke coming from under the hood of the Escape. We had fried the transmission. Boggus Ford, Pharr, TX replaced the transmission without question. We were reminded of stopping every six hours and running the Escape for five minutes. March 31st we left for Atlanta, GA. We took five days for the 1,200 miles, stopping any time we drove six hours. When we arrived in Atlanta I noticed an oil film on the rear lid of the Escape. We had fried another transmission in 1,200 miles of towing. In Atlanta, Malcolm Cunningham FLM did the service work I called Ford and again they took care of us. They repaired the transmission this time, installed a Remco pump and wired it into the motor home, and gave us a five year extended warranty on the vehicle. I read many posts about Ford Escapes before I made the call to Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, MI. The posts gave me the backup information that I needed to make the adjustment. I hope this will help anyone with a problem.

Too make a long story short we are in the process of having our 4th Trans installed in our 2009 Escape LTD. This is after Ford assured us that the problem was fixed. I think we will try to have Ford install a Remco. If not Ford has seen the last of us!!! ( By the way we kept a log of all our travel time and mileage this included stopping to start the Escape every 2 to 3 hours or every 100 to 200 miles which ever came first.

As you can see we are not very satisfied with FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!