Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wayne77590

EMS is confusing me

Guest Wayne77590

Of course, that is very easy to do to begin with - confuse me.

I've posted this in another forum hoping someone will have an answer.

I'm sitting at my brother's house and running just 110V for refrigerator. I'm using a 50A to a PT50C then a 50 A to 30A and then to 20A adapter. Everything was (and is) working fine, except:

The EMS is reading 36A. If I turn on a 12 volt light in any place it drops to 0A unless the refrigerator is on then it reads 3A.

What in the world could be causing it to read 36A except when a light (or bank of lights) is turned on????

Wow! That confuses me too. The good news is that you cannot be really pulling 36A from a 20A circuit. I don't think your PT50C likes your adapter configuration. How about an extension cord from the house directly to the AC line on the back of your refer? That has worked for me in the past.

Wayne

Wayne........ You even have me confused and I am a SAILOR and Sailors know everything. (sometimes)

Ok, It sounds to me like you got way too many ''things'' plugged into too many ''things''......

I agree with Norris. If all you need to run is the 'refer' just unplug all these ''things'' and take a drop cord and plug it into

an outlet in the house and the plug it directly into the back of the ''refer'. You should be able to get to this plug by simply

removing the outside grill ''thingie'' on the side of your coach.

The only other solution I can offer is to ''DONT BE SO CHEAP AND MOOCH OFF OF YOUR BROTHER''.... lol ....

Go to a regular campground and pay the tole and invite your brother over for steaks and drinks stop making R.V. type people

look cheap...... lol .....

there is a ten cent charge for this advise... you can pay me the next time you see me ....

Seajay the sailor man

ps.

I finally got me one of those voltage regulator, surge protector, ''thingies'' that plugs in and protects all your stuff in the coach.

$280.00 shot to heck .... (its hard for a Sailor to say ''heck'')

Guest Wayne77590

Doing a work around is not solving what is causing the problem. I'm going to give Winnebago a jingle tomorrow and see if i can confuse them also.

And it's not hard to confuse a sailor. They are born confused; otherwise, why would they be a sailor?