candlstephens

Trickle Charging

I have a 2009 American Allegiance that I just recently purchased. I have put it in storage that has 110v power. I have an adaptor to plug the 110 into my 50 amp cord. I still am not getting a charge at the battery.

I hope this is enough information to get some help, but I really have no idea what I'm talking about so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Are you talking about the house batteries? If so, they should be charged when on 120 VAC. Some coach's chassis batteries are also charged, but this is NOT a given.

Unless you are certain the 15 amp outlet is properly wired, check it with a volt meter.

Long straight is neutral.

Short straight is hot.

Round is ground.

So from short straight to either long straight or round= 120 VAC

Long straight to round= 0 VAC

Do all other 120 VAC appliances work? If so, that proves your adapters, shore power cord and ATS are working.

If you have a breaker for the converter, charger or inverter/charger, turn it off and back on. Also check the unit itself to see if there is a breaker on it.

Let us know what you find and also what converter, charger or inverter charger you have.

Another test to isolate the problem would be to disconnect from shore power and start the generator. If it works/charges from the generator, you have proved your electrical system from ATS onward. So the problem would be between shore power and the ATS.

Well, I have made it over to the storage. It seems the whole problem was that the 110 plug was not plugged into the outlet good. Once that was corrected all things seemed to come to life. Thank you again for your help.

I know a lot of coaches are different, but "in general" will the house batteries still charge if the house has been disconnected at the switch?