rlwatts

Feedback on Alfa See Ya Class A

I currently looking at a 2007 Alfa See Ya 40-foot Class A. Other than the bottom air, I don't know much about this line.

Anyone out there have one?

Likes or dislikes?

I love the layout of this rig and I'm considering making a offer.

Welcome to the FMCA forums.

You will find that most people that have an Alfa love them. We spent 2 years looking a various motorhomes but kept returning to the Alfa as our choice because of the

deep slide, tall ceilings and large windows. We finally found the one we were looking for in June 2011 and went full time in November 2011. It is comfortable and we do

not regret our choice.

Of course many will tell you that Alfa Leisure went out of business (as did many other manufacturers) in 2008 but all they made was the box. Freightliner built the

chassis, Cat or Cummins engine, Allison transmission, etc.

If your look at the FMCA membership directory you will find that 493 members own an Alfa.

Alfa specific parts and support are available through Alfateers in California and several others around the country.

http://www.alfateersrvservice.com/

The links below will take you to various Alfa specific sites:

http://www.alfaseeyas.com/home.html This is an FMCA chapter for Alfa owners

http://autos.groups....roup/alfaseeya/ This is a Yahoo forum

Check your slide out seals. If they are white you will probably be replacing them in the near future. They do not hold up as well as black. The large windows let in a lot

of light but that also means more heat in the summer - but there are ways to deal with that.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to send me an email.

Alfa had a serious problem with pits appearing in the fiberglass. You might want to check the Alfa forum for years when it occured and solutions.

I am an owner of an Alfa See Ya and have had this motorhome for 8 years. My wife and I have thoroughly loved it all these years. It has been very comfortable, lots of storage, and rides great when on the road.

Yes, there have been some problems with it, but most owners like ourselves have dealt with those problems as they came up. We heard that these problems were similar with most other RVs built in the 2000's. Early in the 2000's, several people were very upset with the company (now out of business) and posted a lot of negative information about the company and its employees....mostly not true, but this information seems to propagate on the internet. I noticed a lot of folks have posted their opinions who don't even own one of these vehicles....notice how bad information seems to continue. Anyway, the appliances are all standard as in other RVs, as is the chassis (Freightliner) and engine (Caterpillar 350 - C7). If the owner, as we have, has kept up with the upkeep and regular maintenance, they should have had excellent performance and reliability, as we have had.

After Alfa went under, some of their maintenance folks bought out their equipment and have a great support business called Alfateers, in Fontana, California. I have used their services such as replacing a basement door, and several windows. They always have what I need and have shipped across the country when I couldn't get to California to install the item. If anyone is interested in purchasing an Alfa See Ya motorhome, talk with some owners or read their comments on one of these forums to get their version of how they like the unit, not someone who is just passing on someone else's opinion.

I am also an owner, and I bought mine new in 2005, and have put over 58,000 miles on it traveling to and from the east and west coast. It has done me an excellent job, and have no regrets buying it, and would not hesitate to buy another. As stated above all motorhomes have their little quirks and problems. As far as the statement above about the air conditioning, I have never had a problem keeping mine cool, all motorhomes/trailers normally only cool the rigs by 20 degrees from high temperatures from outside Alfa does have lots of windows, and taller inside that tends to make them a little harder to keep cool. However, if you are in an extra hot area you need to stay ahead of the heat by shading and keeping cooler on early day to maintain, this is what I have done with all recreation vehicles I have owned, and no problem keeping cool. Also no problem getting any parts or repair done. Look it over good, and make sure all has been kept up, and if that's the one you like, go for it, as I am sure you will enjoy it. They handle like a dream.

rlwatts,

Imsooter is bang on with his response. I have a 2007 Alfa See Ya 40' Diesel and the things that I am replacing are the 6 x 6volt batteries and slide out weather seals(very brittle). When your driving, everything is at your finger tips(eg. starting the generator while driving so that your wife can warm something up in the microwave or lower the electric shades because as you turn a corner the sun is now in your eyes). Also, the manual and cheat sheet make it very user friendly to figure out any problems.

They are a very nice luxury unit for the price.

Don't worry about getting parts. Whether you need a stair motor(Kwiqee) or blind motor(Shade All) for example, you just look at the brand name and model # and look online.

Any questions, slip me an email, felix1@telusplanet.net

Your cab heat will not heat the whole coach. Some folks will hang a blanket behind the driver to keep the driver area warm. Keep in mind if you are running in below freezing conditions and your dewinterized pipes can freeze. I run my propane heat when needed to be sure that the basement is also getting warm air.

Some will run electric heat using the generator if the are concerned about having propane on while driving, but don't forget the water pipes below.

We just got our 2003 Alpa See Ya and traveled to Tennessee in it...I nearly froze to death...how do you heat this thing?

Larry,

Welcome to the FMCA Forums.

Everyone I know (Tiffin, Fleetwood, Monaco, Winnebago, and Alfa owners) have problems while traveling in extreme cold or heat. The dash ac/heat will not heat and cool the entire rig.

You can get Alfa specific information on air leak testing and sealing on the Alfa See Ya Yahoo Forum

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/alfaseeya/message/83645

I have an 06 See Ya-- live in northern Alberta Canada and travel to Arizona in the fall nov 1 area never had a issue heating the unit on the road I leave the furnace on low 60s and travel along.

Have had my unit 4 yrs now no major issues no problem with parts or service and am happy with the xtra height have come south 3 yrs now 2500 plus mile each time not a hiccup with the coach.

I have an 06 See Ya-- live in northern Alberta Canada and travel to Arizona in the fall nov 1 area never had a issue heating the unit on the road I leave the furnace on low 60s and travel along.

Have had my unit 4 yrs now no major issues no problem with parts or service and am happy with the xtra height have come south 3 yrs now 2500 plus mile each time not a hiccup with the coach.

Welcome to the FMCA forums!! We were in Alberta this past summer. We made the Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon and Alaska trip. A little over 10,000 miles from the time we left Texas in June until we returned in September and no problems.

I just purchased the 2007 Alfa See Ya 40 ft coach. I am in a cold climate (30s at night, high 40s in daytime). I am plugged in at an RV park and am running the hater on "electric heat." I will be here for three weeks.

Will I need to "climatize" the under carriage. If so, how?

Have there been any problems running the heater for this length of time?

I just purchased the 2007 Alfa See Ya 40 ft coach. I am in a cold climate (30s at night, high 40s in daytime). I am plugged in at an RV park and am running the hater on "electric heat." I will be here for three weeks.

Will I need to "climatize" the under carriage. If so, how?

Have there been any problems running the heater for this length of time?

Welcome to the FMCA forum.

There is a vent in the ceiling of the second storage compartment on the passenger side - be sure it is open to allow heat into the compartment. You can use a heated water hose, heat tape or just fill your onboard water tank and drain the water hose. I have never had a problem running the heat pump for an extended period. You may have to switch to the propane furnace if your heat pump does not produce enough heat.

Below about 45 the heat pumps won't provide much heat so you will be on propane. I don't know about your coach but mine will switch to propane automatically if the temperature gets down where I am not getting enough heat. I have a small cube heater in the wet bay to protect the pipes.

Bill