Sign in to follow this  
BettyH42

Crossing Hudson River via Geo. Washington Bridge & Beyond.

Question

We are traveling north to attend the NEAR Rally (Essex Junction, VT) in July and our routing takes us across the Hudson River via the George Washington Bridge. I see other routings further north, but they add miles using more fuel. Are there any problems with a class A motorhome pulling a toad crossing this bridge and what are the best (and worst) times for crossing on June 18th.

We will be staying for approx. 3 wks near Sturbridge-Southbridge, MA, and approx. a week each near Wareham, MA and Wells Beach, ME before heading to Essex Junction on July 18th.

Any suggestions/tips for things to do and see in those areas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2 answers to this question

Betty, I have another, similar post in this forum. I have been to NYC and there is a LOT of traffic across the GW bridge. When I was staying at the Liberty Harbor marina & RV park, every day there were major backups on the GW bridge. I saw big trucks in the line, so I am sure you could make it if you don't mind the traffic. I am investigating going I-87/I-287 across the Tappan Zee bridge, just a little further north, and then up I-95 to Maine and then on to Nova Soctia. That shouldn't add much if anything to your trip, and if the feedback I'm getting so far is any indication, it should be a better route as far as traffic goes.