Sign in to follow this  
wantingtofulltime

Height of Rexhall Aerbus

I recently purchased a 1997 32' Aerbus, dual air conditioners. I live in an area that has two access routes. One is fairly short but it goes through a 10' 6" tunnel. The other is considerable longer with no tunnel. I have e-mailed Rexhall with no response as to the height of rig. I know it would be close but I do not know how close. Anybody know?

Time to go up a ladder. Place a broomstick or equivalent over one of your A/Cs and drop a measuring tape to the ground.

I seriously doubt if you'll make under a 10' 6" tunnel

Deacon.

I second the tape measure. Great Vehicle.com list some similar RVs as yours, one of the listings says his overall height is 118". That would be getting pretty close. Good luck.

Jim. welcome.

That makes sense to a point. Is that including the height of what ever is on roof?  Either before or after market?

wantingtofulltime, welcome to the forum.

Yes and hope they didn't resurface the road and not change the sine. 

jimandtam, Welcome to the forum.

Great to see new people participating. 

Bill

Bill does bring up a good point.  I have seen places here in Texas, where they resurfaced the road under RR bridge's with out scraping off the old surface and not re measure clearance!  So, you go from 13' 6" to 13' or less, entering  & exiting, middle is 13' 6"!   

That's  one reason to have the Truckers Atlas!  If they can go, I can go!  :P

Our height is listed at 12’6”. I don’t go under anything listed below 13’6” and if it’s that close, I might just go around.

For the majority of motorhomes: "If an 18 wheeler can go there, you can go there".

Several times,  I have gone to Google Earth to look at a bridge or underpass that I was concerned about.  Then from that map, make a note of nearby businesses.

Call the business-- unlikely that they will KNOW the clearance, whether the road has been resurfaced recently, etc. 

But if asked if 18 wheelers take that route-- most will know.