road-dog

Summer Travel

Question

Part of our Summer travels will be from Indianapolis, In to Empire, Mi. My question, is Hwy 31 a good Motorhome route (big rig friendly) to take from Indy to Traverse City, Mi?

5 answers to this question

Guest BillAdams

Yes, 31 is a very good road but !-69 right up straight and then cutting over should give you the best and quickest route.

Bill... Thanks for the reply. We will be spending a week in South Haven before we head to Empire. We did I-69 last year and we're looking for a change in scenery this year.

Guest BillAdams

Then 31 is a very good road with plenty of stop lights. It is more direct but I don't believe that it is "direct enough" for any time or fuel savings. However, if you need to make a stop along that way that includes 31 then I would absolutely recommend this route.

Hyw 31 will work and once you are through Kokomo, it is very good. If you travel that route I suggest the you stop in Elkhart to visit the RV Museum.

mrboyer...Thanks for the info. Last year while in Shipshewana we visited the RV museum. I highly recommend visiting it if you're in the area. We also visited Newmar manufacturing while we were there.