GaryAnnable

FMCA - Group Health Insurance?

How many of you are "full timing" in your pre-retirement years? Should FMCA consider offering Group Health Insurance Plans? Would you be interested, if plans were made available? These might easily be offerred through the Better Business Bureau and/or the Chamber of Commerce, as I had done for my company in my previous life.

Let's see how large a Group we are ...

The Questions are many! However ! The real big one for us would be coverage area of the plan / Network area.

Canada / Mexico and where ever one might want to Rent an RV to travel with.

Then it gets to cost structure and riders.

Rich and Lois.

This is an interesting thought. Not quite to full timing,but sure can smell the roses.

Guest BillAdams

I believe that this has been addressed in the past and found to be impractical but I can't remember why. Since we were paying over $1800/month for our health insurance plan we certainly would have been interested. I have now become an employee of a large National company and my health costs are dramatically reduced (90%) by being a part of this group.

I would be interested. Most of the insurance that I have had has such a high deductible and exclusions for self-employed people as to be virtually useless with a big monthly payment.

I would be interested in learning more about this. Would it be applicable to Canadian residents? Planning on retiring next May as I'll be 60 years old then. Wife will only be 57. We won't have much income but will have time to enjoy life. Not worrying about how we are going to pay for our medications would be a blessing. How would pre-existing conditions be handled? Lots of questions to be answered.

This is not going to happen. Let's move on.

Would it apply to Canadian who have free health care N. of the border? No, but that really doesn't matter since it will never apply to anyone anywhere. Dreamers dream, Presidents promise, Politicians lie, the status quo goes on and on.

It may be worth looking into because of the Supreme Court decision today. Looks like the U.S. joins Canada in national health care. I think we should see just what the new law provides before we all sign up. Non believers need not reply!