jdrew1

Campgrounds Accepting Golf Carts?

Is there a listing available showing campgrounds that allow golf carts? We love camping at Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach mainly because they allow (even rent) golf carts. Have found that other campgrounds close-by do not. Would love to know where else we would be welcome to bring our cart. We are not using it because of disability but merely as a fun and easy way to get around after our daily walk.

Guest BillAdams

Walking is better for you! :P

Most campgrounds are not large enough to make the use of a golf cart practical. Campgrounds the size of Ocean Lakes are very rare. If you only travel to the large Class A only resorts then you might find that the golf cart could be useful. You will also want to ask whether gas or electric is acceptable. Some places where golf carts are acceptable, gas carts are not.

If carts are your requirement you should call ahead before you make any reservations.

As an aside, I really hope you don't travel this great Country of ours and only stop where you can use your cart. You are going to miss some of the greatest sites on the Planet!

I love staying at Ocean Lakes! We are there for our yearly" Birds at the Beach" rally in March. The golf carts and all their high volume obnoxious rap music are a royal pain in the butt. You can't even sit outside your coach and carry on a normal conversation in the evening. I love my music loud but a campground where everyone is trying to relax and get away from it all is not the place! And Bill Adams is right.... walking is way better for you!

There is a campground in Beaux Bridge, La. that allows golfcarts. Actually that is the first question they ask, when you check in. They even have a golfcart mardi gras parade, through the park.

Except, you won't hear any other music than Cajun being played and they have strict rules on the operation of the carts. I guess that's why they ask if you have one.

The campground is Cajun Palms, and its right off I-10.

Is there a listing available showing campgrounds that allow golf carts? We love camping at Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach mainly because they allow (even rent) golf carts. Have found that other campgrounds close-by do not. Would love to know where else we would be welcome to bring our cart. We are not using it because of disability but merely as a fun and easy way to get around after our daily walk.

You can bring your Golf Cart to Briarcliffe RV Resort, N. Myrtle Beach, and do not have to listen to all the Music, not as of now, There you can take it out on to the Streets, over to the Beach, and out to eat as long as you do not have to travel on 17 hwy, you can cross OK at stop lights. You do have to Provide Proof of Insurance, and to make it street legal you have to purchase a permit from the DOT there. We have been doing it for 2yrs. Marvin