mcrane@speedconnect.com

Replacing Motorhome Flooring

I was concerned with removing the insulation value of the carpet, would the floor get warm or cold?

I replaced the carpet on our last coach and it was fairly simple, but I had no slides to go under. So I am a bit apprehensive on this unit. Our carpet is no too bad but could use some updating and it's loose.

Last year I replaced the carpet in my coach with engineered hardwood. The job was relatively easy and it turned out great.

I did not have any issues working around the slides. I did not remove the existing ceramic tilt in the kitchen area.

I'll try and attach a pic

RJ

2005 CC Inspire #51264

I always add a piece of plywood to extend the slide past the ramps on the main floor. I use a BASF adhesive and allow to set over night. There are no moisture issues with engineered wood. Have that in my coach, home and hundreds of other coaches I have done. Make sure you sand the back of the stair nose to get the glossy finish off or the piece will not stick.

We've just purchased our first MH and started our remodel by pulling out carpet (it was very dirty and smelly). We've been reading extensively and are so thankful there is a great forum with people sharing ideas. Our two big concerns are what others have shared; the slides and how to recover the doghouse. You noted on the slides you add a piece of plywood. Do you have any photos of that? I tried to search your site but couldn't find any.

Thanks for sharing so many great tips from your prior experience! Any advice you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thank you Carl it's one of the best upgrades next to the smart TVs. The DW approved of both of those upgrades. I'm on a roll so I be thinking of another upgrade I can pass by her. Recliner with beer holders and get rid of the jack knife love seat. Nope I already tried and since the dog sleeps on it I have to drag the rocker swivel out of the back. :ph34r:

On 5/3/2012 at 2:56 PM, Erniee said:

I will be traveling to Wisconsin in Aug to do a job, then down to Tenn. I could stop by Iowa on the way north

Saw your post. We have a 2007 Fleetwood expedition which needs redone. Coukd re carpet or lamenent. You still doingbthis? Any thoughts? Bob Racine Wi primetime@wi.net

1 hour ago, primetime@wi.net said:

Saw your post. We have a 2007 Fleetwood expedition which needs redone. Coukd re carpet or lamenent. You still doingbthis? Any thoughts? Bob Racine Wi primetime@wi.net

Yes, Ernie still does this.  He does carpet or hardwood flooring only.  He is located in Weatherford, TX.

Not travelling to work on the road anymore. Everyone comes here. Thanks Bill- how you guys doing?

Stop by if you are in the area and see my Liberty

SharonLinda,

Click on Erniee's name above when the screen comes up click on the envelope (message) and send Ernie a PM (Personal Message) and ask him to send you some pictures.

Herman

53 minutes ago, SharonLinda said:

I am a FMCA member and I still can't see the photos ERNIEE posted???????

If you are on the Forum (which you are because you posted this) you have the same access as all other Forum members to posts and links.

Which post of Erniee's are you referring to?

What browser are you using? Blocker you are running?

On 5/2/2012 at 3:21 PM, mjs4417 said:

Hi mcrane,

Just the subject I too am interested in. My query is : Is there a standout, most recommended brand/type of plank vinyl flooring for

motor coach applications! One mentioned to me was the "Allure" brand flooring easily found at Lowes or Home Depot.

mjs

Ernie will probably chime in, hope so, but I will not use anything other than engineered flooring, that is like plywood planks, all wood, no fiber backing, interlocking is ok, but I use urethane glue under it to keep in place.

That's not what he told me last year when he did my carpets but we did not discuss either of those options.

I redid my last coach with bamboo wood.  Like was mentioned in an earlier post the core is wood not ground up newspaper.  It had cork backing and was not fastened down, it was floating with a 3/8 clearance at the walls.  Had it for about 4 years and still looked good when I sold it in April.

Erniee, can you attach the link for the step treads? Mine are in need of new ones and they are black and ugly, starting to lift. Curious, any issues with the top one being a storage compartment for installation?

thanks

Joe,

Hopefully Ernie will post the link to the step treads.  He did a great job on ours and we've had no problems with our storage compartment.  I can post a picture if you want.

Blake

Joe......here are the pics.  The wood is the flooring that Ernie out down on the floor (engineered Acacia).  The new step lights are from West Marine.

Blake

steps 2.JPEG

steps 1.JPEG