ralph0808

Melbourne 29D Information From Current Or Previous Owners

I am seeking information about the 2012 Jayco Melbourne 29D.

We have test driven one and really like it and would like to hear from current owners pros & cons about the model.

Thanks Ralph

We currently have a 2008 29D Melbourne and love it. Is it perfect, no, but it more than meets our needs and is a joy that the wife approves. She did not want a model where the bed was in main coach since she is not a morning person and I am. We get to take our two Bichons with us as our "granddogs" and they also love the RV life. It fit our lifestyle of short trips of 3 day weekends and 4-5 weeklong trips per year. Most of the components are available in other brands of similar coaches, but Jayco had a 2 year warranty. The 2012 now has optional motorized levelers, bigger tv's, and choice of electric awning. There are a few standard included features on the 2012 that I don't have such as the small bedside tables to put your glasses or kindle on. I am surprised that the 29 feet is tight. I could add 3" to each side of the dinette, 6" each way to the shower (standard size in all motorhomes), and an extra 8" on the backside of the bed for walk around room to make up the bed and get in and out of bed. Of course I wish the gas mileage was better, but who doesn't. If you have specific questions, I will be glad to answer.

Paul

Thanks for the info Meltonfoto! We decided to purchase the 2012 Melbourne 29D. We have taken it on a couple weekend trips and we love it. It could be a little bigger and have more storage but then it wouldn't ride as nice or handle as good on the road. We like it!! Thanks Ralph

Good for you!

Yes we love ours also. Maybe our paths will cross some day. Where are you located? There are many little things that you will want to add if you are like me. Folding chairs in a bag that store easily, a recliner from Sam's Club that fold and store in a bag, and a patio mat to put on the ground under the awning, and some awning lights. Also a folding table to use next to outdoor grill. I also got a stove burner cover for the extra coutertop use. I put a fan cover on top where the bedroom fan is so we could have it open and not worry about rain. Added a visor mirrow for wife, coat hooks on each side of wardrobe doors in bedroom, and bought several nightlites with on/off switches for front, bathroom, and bedroom. Hope to find out if I can add the night stands you have to my unit. Of course I found that I needed a 30 amp extension cord, an extra length of sewer hose, and water hose in some of the crazy parks we have been to. It seemed something is always 5 feet more than standard. Also got a surge protector that has already saved me on a couple of times.

Keep us posted on your trials and tribulations.

Paul

Good for you. We have a 2008 and absolutely love it. It is big enough and a real treat to drive. We tow a 2006 Jeep Liberty and it tows along without any difficulty. We think that the slides and the room they provide are wonderful and when en route we can stop at rest stops and make our lunches without any trouble since there is lots of room to move around even when the slides are closed. All in all we are very happy with our home, although we could use some levelers. I currently crawl under and put jack stands under the front and back to help the stability when parked. We have not gotten a case of two foot itis yet and find it very comfortable for the two of us. The length took a bit of getting used to when driving around gas stations but even that is not too bad considering the size. Happy RVing and enjoy the home.