tigerdriver

1999 Roadtrek On Dodge Chassis

Hi all!

I'm a new member and have an opportunity to purchase a 1999 RoadTrek 190 on a Dodge chassis. I think the salesman said it was a simplicity. He said it only has 14,000 miles -- obviously wasn't used much but was dirty and needed cleaning. They're detailing and cleaning it. I've not owned any RV, let alone a RoadTrek, but I know this is the RV I want. I know nothing yet about what customizations (if any) come with the van -- I haven't seen it yet.

Does anyone have any opinions on a 13-year-old RoadTrek? It's gas, not diesel. Asking price is quite reasonable. I'm not opposed to a used RV, but have been looking at a newer (or new) 190 or 210 on a Chevy chassis.

Any opinions, comments, etc. would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks............. tigerdriver.

I had a 1998 Roadtrek Popular for 11 years, bought it new, took good care care of it and loved it. I sold it 3 years ago and bought a 23 ft. Class C because I wanted to spend the winters in warmer places. There are some trips that I have made that I wish I still had that Roadtrek. Mine had 79,000 miles on it when I sold it, and was in excellent condition.

If you go to the Roadtrek website and go to the owners group and click on Rodtreks for sale you can get an idea of what other RT's are selling for and what they have in them. Good luck and enjoying trekking.

By the way Roadtrek has a wonderful Roadtrek Club that is a chapter of FMCA

On 11/10/2012 at 8:49 PM, koconnell said:

I had a 1998 Roadtrek Popular for 11 years, bought it new, took good care care of it and loved it. I sold it 3 years ago and bought a 23 ft. Class C because I wanted to spend the winters in warmer places. There are some trips that I have made that I wish I still had that Roadtrek. Mine had 79,000 miles on it when I sold it, and was in excellent condition.

If you go to the Roadtrek website and go to the owners group and click on Rodtreks for sale you can get an idea of what other RT's are selling for and what they have in them. Good luck and enjoying trekking.

By the way Roadtrek has a wonderful Roadtrek Club that is a chapter of FMCA

Hello, how do I find the Roadtrek chapter of FMCA? We just bought a 2001 Roadtrek Popular 170. First RV purchase ever! Interested in chatting with people who also have Roadtreks. 

CathyL,

Welcome to the Forum. Here is the information on the Roadtrek Chapter.

Roadtrek International

Contact person Gary Scalise, 863-666-0014---------rtisecretary@outlook.com

The Chapter website is----roadtrekchapter.org

Herman

For those that think Dodge may be inferior, Daimler Corp., (Mercedes Benz) as most people know it, merged with  Chrysler in 1995 and they operated that way until 2007. Those were some of the best built during Chrysler history in my opinion. Fiat bought the company out in late 2007 and have been pretty good also.

We had a 2000 Versatile on the Dodge chassis and we really enjoyed.  Of course, unless it has been upgraded the TV and other electronics will be totally outdated.  The original TV was an old analog unit and I think it operated on 12V so you will have to find a similar 12V one or use a small inverter.