Sign in to follow this  
patpatton

Bedroom Satellite Hooklup

We bought a new Itasca Sunstar which had a 19" Jensen tv mounted on the the coach' wall.. There is a port in the wall for a coax ( roof top satellite). My question, I cant get to the back of the tv to hook the coax up....DO I have to remove the TV set from the mounting? How do I go about that task?

Thanks, hope someone can help me.

Pat

If the coax is for satellite TV then that cable goes to the receiver and not the back of the TV. From the receiver you would either have a coax output to some other connection but most of the Itasca's I have worked on (I helped out with satellite TV at the WIT rally for 2 years) the connection from the receiver to the TV was either with RCA cables (red, white, yellow) or component cable if HD.

If you are currently able to watch TV in the bedroom using your over the air antenna, there is already a coax connection plugged into the TV and you will not be able to use that connection to view satellite.

Many of the Itasca's are wired for only one receiver and it is located up front with the cables I mention above run to the other TV's. Do you know what kind of roof satellite antenna you have or is this a setup for a manually pointed ground dish?

Edited to correct cable name.

Bill, it's component cable, red, blue, green, for HD, not composite, which is yellow. Also audio requires red and white cable. HDMI is the best choice because it's the only cable required for everything.