Sign in to follow this  
patpatton

Blue Ox Alpha Tow Bar

We have a 1997 Toyota Rav 2wd and have towed it twice behind our 2012 Itasca Sunstar.......The Blue Ox tow bar was a used one from the

Camping World Dealership. It was GIVEN to us..... One major issue...one of the tow bar arms will not lock into place, as a result we have had to replace several quik links due to the arms not being locked... and stress being placed on the towing system.... I am really upset that the dealership provided us with an unsafe tow bar....Have u any suggestions when hooking this nightmare up ? Maybe just junk the Blue Ox or go after the dealership .

Thanks,

Pat

Get away from this setup as quickly as possible. If you are going to be at a major RV rally where Blue Ox will be attending you can have them fix or trade you up to a good, working unit. Sometime you get what you paid for and since you paid nothing........

If you know it's a nightmare, don't hook it up even once more. Bite the bullet and get a working unit. I have had Blue Ox as my connection for about 10 years and I would not do anything else.

I use and recomend Roadmaster products. I think they build the best tow bars. They service all Roadmaster tow bars free of charge at the national rallys. They also build sway bars, brake systems and a host of other products.