Sign in to follow this  
alowishes

Basement Air By Coleman

I have a basement air with heat pump. Model 6535. My questions are:

Can this unit be recharged?

Also, I seem to have other issues. When the thermostat is on the OFF position, the outside blower continues to run on low speed. Thinking the relay connection on the board may be welded.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

One could get the unit recharged. The first issue would be to make sure the compressor is working. That would be the most expensive part of the system.

Then you would need to find a HAVC shop with the proper materials to tap into the AC lines and install access ports on the high and low side lines.

The rest would be just the same as charging any other AC system. Most use R22.

This is a link to a manual for your listed Coleman unit.

http://www.rvcomfort.com/pdf_documents/1976323_copy8.pdf

Look over the information and let me know if there are any other questions I might be able to answer.

Rich.

A system can be accessed regardless of design, It may not be economically viable to repair most units given the $75 per lb refrigerant costs, $106.50 labor rates, and markups on parts 100% minimum, new heat pumps at 800-1000 look pretty good at that point, as you may have a tired compressor too, which won't work well even if patched up.

The suction line to the compressor should be "beer can cold" and wet or its not right!