dewat

Kiley Mold Company - Product Question

Almost two weeks ago, I ordered a ladder bracket from Kiley Mold Co. for my FMCA egg. While I received my order confirmation right away and my credit card was charged the very next day, I have yet to receive my ladder bracket or a shipping notification from Kiley Mold. I just sent them an email asking about the status of the order (Support@KileyMold.com), and the email has bounced with the notification, "550 550 No Such User Here (state 13)." I had no reservations what-so-ever about placing this order since Kiley Mold was "endorsed" by FMCA in my welcome packet. However, this has left a very bad taste in my mouth for Kiley Mold, and I don't want it to cause me have a bad opinion of FMCA (I don't at this time), so I just wanted to ask if anyone else has ever had a problem ordering from Kiley Mold Company.

I really would not be concerned. I have known these folks for many, many years and they are really great folks. They are also full-time RVers and attend most every major RV rally in the US. Their site is still valid http://www.kileymold.com/ and that home page has several phone numbers available to you.

Please give them a call and give them a chance to resolve your issue. The product is excellent and the so are the folks running the place.

Thank you for the kinds words considering Kiley Mold. I try to be an understanding person (not hard, normally just do) and realize that things can happen. However, poor customer service has always bothered me, and I will spend my hard earned money where appreciation for the customer is returned. WIth that said, I also realize that I have not yet seen their customer service since I have not gotten through to them yet, a part of customer service. The fact that my money was taken the next day, and no communication afterwards is the bad taste part. Sure it's only $16.00, but I am the one who worked for the money... when I walk by a penny in the street, I will pick it up and say to myself, "Millions are made a penny at a time". My hope is that this will all work out but so far, they are not that high on my list of accepable businesses. [Rant mode off].

I just sent them an email asking about the status of the order (Support@KileyMold.com), and the email has bounced with the notification, "550 550 No Such User Here (state 13)."

"No such user here" means that the user's mailbox doesn't exist at the SMTP server it is being directed to.

Kiley could have moved their e-mail hosting, or the problem could be related to their mailbox configuration. I will alert them to the issue ...

How did we ever get by in the past when there was no e-mail available? I remember, we used the telephone! :lol:

Just kidding guys, it's just hard to know if things on the other end of a computer communication worked as expected. If I have issues with someone, I know that I can still pick up a phone and give them a call. This usually gives instant results (good or bad) and I can stop worrying or trying to be patient.

If you get a chance, give them a call. I am sure they will be able to explain what has happened.

Slightly sideways but still on partial topic of good customer service and to show how the modern technologies can get things sideways.

I called Pfister to order a little brass button to go on our bath faucet. Did not have a model, so emailed them a picture while on the phone. The gal looked at the pic, figured out the part, took my info and life was good; our faucet was going to be whole again. Good service.

Card got billed within a few days, but a month later still no little brass button. Bad service.

I called Pfister and spoke to gal #2, who could not find any record of my order in their massive computer system (owned by Black and Decker by the way). When I explained that I was looking at my card statement that showed B&D had charged me $12.09, I could hear perplexity ocurring on the other end of the line. Gal #2 could not use her computer, had to go talk to people or call people in other parts of the B&D universe. Turns out the gal who took my order used another customer # and my card was charged for a part that went to someone in Canada. Extremely bad service.

Gal #2 figured it out, sent me the little brass button, credited my card $12.09 for good measure. Excellant service. Faith in B&D restored. Faucet made whole. Life is good.

Dewat, I'm 110% with you on good customer service, but computers (email, order systems, card charging, etc) don't know you and I or care if we get our stuff.

How did we ever get by in the past when there was no e-mail available? I remember, we used the telephone! :lol:

Just kidding guys, it's just hard to know if things on the other end of a computer communication worked as expected. If I have issues with someone, I know that I can still pick up a phone and give them a call. This usually gives instant results (good or bad) and I can stop worrying or trying to be patient.

If you get a chance, give them a call. I am sure they will be able to explain what has happened.

While I fully understand your explanation, my discovery was made at a time (just before my post) that I would not expect anyone to be answering phones. Also while I hope this does not sound harsh, it answering email is not an option, don't list it! IOW, email should get just as much priority as phone.

Dewat, I'm 110% with you on good customer service, but computers (email, order systems, card charging, etc) don't know you and I or care if we get our stuff.

Understood. It's just the fact that the email bounces as "no such user" is what unhinged me somewhat. Sure, I've seen many bounces before, but when an addess of "Support@xxxx" bounces, I start to wonder if the business is real.

Ok all, I didn't want this post to be in a reply where it would get lost with "other" information. I would be wrong if I did not share my conclusion with the forum.

I was contacted by FMCA this morning out of concern. Their concern was that something in the ordering process must have gone wrong, and they wanted to get to the bottom of it. They also carbon copied Kiley Mold. Kiley Mold replied shortly afterward apologetically explaining what happened... yes, computers! Either way, they are fixing it and mailing today. With that, my conclusion that I am sharing is that I am totally happy with FMCA ***AND*** Kiley Mold. I do not dismiss my alarms that triggered my OP, they are what protect me from being taken. However, as I hope I relayed in my OP and first reply, I understood that it could have been a non-human error... which it was. No ranting intended, I'm still extremely happy with FMCA, ***AND*** I would order from Kiley Mold again.

***** CONCLUDED *****

I recently placed a $46.00 order with Kiley and mailed them a check - the items were delivered about 2-3 weeks later but my check was only cashed several days ago -- this was about a 30 day delay after I received my products --

I was about to put a stop payment on the check but it did finally clear --

They may need some assistance on their accounting side --

My experience was just the opposite of yours ---

Nick in SC

I was just going to post the exact same question as the OP, but did a search instead and found this thread. I called and ordered two sets of ladder brackets several weeks ago and was told they would be shipped in two days. A week ago I called and left a message inquiring about the status of the order. I did not receive a return call. Unlike the OP, my credit card has not been charged.

Tonight I tried to use their feedback link. The error message stated that I needed some sort of server. I then sent an email which was rejected the same as the OP's.

IMHO FMCA needs to find another vendor as this company has absolutely no customer service. They need to decide if they want to stay in business and if so, get their act together. I have already spent more time then I care to on this order.

FMCA, do you want to check into this order also, before I cancel it and spend the next week trashing them on every RV forum I can. IMHO, there is no excuse for not returning my telephone call and not having any other way to contact them, such as email.

I am glad the OP's order was resolved. I hope he posts when and if he receives them.

Paul

EDIT UPDATE - Received the brackets today in the mail.

I am glad the OP's order was resolved. I hope he posts when and if he receives them.

Paul

I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem. Concerning the OP, as mentioned, Kiley Mold did get back to me and explained what happened. Their explanation was acceptable and as promised, I received my brackets. While I do understand your frustration, I know that we all make misteaks (phun intended, but nothing aimed at you), and that is how I view what happened concerning my order.

Hello to all FMCA members.

I am Denny Kiley, one of the owners of Kiley Mold Company.

First, I apologize to any of you who is having or has had a problem with your order. We want to resolve these issues to your satisfaction as quickly as possible. If you are having trouble with our email or shop phone(513-875-3223) then use my email, denny@kileymold.com, or call my personal cell phone, 513-543-5680. We are in the Eastern time zone.

If I can't answer, leave a voicemail and I will return your call.

Our parents joined FMCA in 1973 and we have been doing business with FMCA and the members for over 19 years. Our first objective is to serve the members. I think we have done fairly well, but if we mess up we will admit it and do whatever it takes to correct the problem.

Thank you all for your business and contact me to help you.

Denny

Kiley Mold Company

4200 Anderson State Rd.

Fayetteville, Ohio 45118

Phone: 513.875.3223

Fax: 513.875.3391

Right up the road about 15 miles from me....Williamsburg here...

We ordered a ladder bracket on Jan 31, 2014 and we have not yet received it (Feb 20, 2014). I sent and email and it bounced, just left a voicemail so, hopefully, we'll get before we move on Feb 27. Any suggestions?

Another of the same . . . ordered bracket, paid thru PayPal on June 17, 2014. As of yet no information received about shipping of product. Trying to access Kiley Mold website returns "This page cannot be displayed."

Email to denny@kileymold.com cannot be sent as error comes back as "Address not accepted."

Kiley mold is well known and well respected. Sometimes s#it goes wrong. However, you absolutely will get what you paid for and you will get it from the company from which you purchased and at the agreed price.

Another of the same . . . ordered bracket, paid thru PayPal on June 17, 2014. As of yet no information received about shipping of product. Trying to access Kiley Mold website returns "This page cannot be displayed."

Email to denny@kileymold.com cannot be sent as error comes back as "Address not accepted."

roxysdad: I can't find a Paypal order with your email or name. Please call me directly, 513-543-5680.

Denny Kiley