Sign in to follow this  
rlin45

Relay Clicking

1999 Infinity Motor Home: The auxiliary start solenoid clicks in and out continually when the coach disconnect switch is engaged ( in the disconnect position) to prevent my batteries from over charging. Is this a faulty relay or something else? When I put the switch in connect position the relay stops clicking. This relay I am referring to is located in the battery center box. Any help will be appreciated.

Not sure I can help. To make sure I understand: When you turn off the coach master 12v switch which kills power to the coach 12v system it causes the solenoid to click lke it is engaging and disengaing and when you turn the master switch on and power the coach 12v system, the clicking solenoid stops clicking. Is this correct?

The solenoid in question is the solenoid that connects both coach and chassis batteries together to boost start the chassis engine. Correct?

I'll just share a problem I had. I have a 1998 Safari and had switching relay. If the relay is clicking I think It's probably bad. I had a bad relay that caused a power back feed and wiped out my electronic shifting board on my Allison tranny. very expensive. My advise is find a tech get it checked out by someone who knows what they are doing. It could save you a lot of money in the long run. Good Luck