fossfactor

I - 70 from Salt Lake to Denver

Question

Any concerns for the route from Salt Lake to Denver on I-70??

We are 40 feet and a toad.

AAA advised us to go up to 1-15 to I-80 and back down to Loveland

3 answers to this question

I used to live on the I-70 route. If you aren't in a hurry take I-70. You will see some unbeliveable country but will have to pull Vail Pass and Eisenhour Tunnel both around 10,000ft but beautiful. Glenwood Canyon, Georgetown, Idaho Springs, just a few of the historic places along the way. Going accross on I-80 would be faster and easier but you would a great trip Enjoy

Depending upon where you really are in the area, the 80-15 route would be shorter. If you are down closer to Provo then 70 straight in would be shorter. Either route is just fine, you will just have a long climb followed by long downgrade at Vail pass. It's a nice drive, you just take your time. If you are just making a "run" without any sightseeing I would go 80-15. If you have time to stop in Glenwood Springs (Hot Springs and beautiful camping at the "No Name" exit) take the 70 route as there are many more things along that route that would give the possibilities of stopping again and again with things to see and do. Arches, Canyonland and Moab come to mind along with some of the most scenic driving just to make it even better.