rrlowther

KwiKee Steps on 2000 Safari Zanzibar DP

We have a 2000 Safari Zanzibar diesel pusher. When we purchased the coach the entry steps were bent towards the rear of the coach but they still retracted fairly well.

On our way out of Denver Wednesday we had to make a turn on a road with a pretty big dip, being at an angle, the stairs not being retracted all the way, they scraped on the ground and bent towards the back of the coach even more.

I called Monaco, and they don't sell just the steps themselves. You have to purchase the entire system including the motor etc. For $590.67. The way I figure it, they can't be too hard to replace.

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to pick up a used set of double steps? I've contacted Colaw's but they don't have any in stock. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We're currently parked in the Dallas, Texas area.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

RR, Check for RV Salvage on the Internet. One I know of is Colaws on the Eastern edge of Joplin, MO. Check with Camper Capitol in Garland, TX 972-276-3323 and also United RV in Fort Worth 817-834-7141.

Either of these are close to you.

Herman