rmjm1946

Ford V10 Cruise Control Problems

I have an 07 Georgetown 373 class A w/ the Ford V-10 & about 24000 miles.

On our return trip from Fl the cruise would only work on and off. Now it hardly works at all. The RV dealer says it's a Ford issue and Ford said they couldn't find the problem and that there must be some type of "after market" controls and to go back to Forest River who built my coach.

I'm in the middle !!

I've read some stuff on the internet that the problem may have something to do with a faulty rear brake light connection.

I would appreciate any input as we are wanting to sell our unit and want it fixed ASAP.

Thanks

Richard

Canton, Mi.

If the rear brake light adjustment on the brake pedal is not set properly, you can drive over a bump and the brake lights will activate which in turn will cancel the cruise control. Press on the brake pedal gingerly until the brake lights comes on. If you barely have to touch on the brake pedal, the switch can be adjusted under the dash to be a little less sensitive.

On the other hand, I would have thought Ford would have checked this first! I feel this is a Ford issue as all ofthe guts for the cruise control...including the brake pedal switch are from Ford.