Raylin

Any FMCA Battery Savings?

We purchased four new Michelin tires last January - Pete's Automotived in Coachilla did not honor the discount. Tried to get FMCA and Michelin Tire to help - no go! But, we are getting ready to purchase new batteries for the coach which is quite an expense - is there a discount available to FMCA members?

Thanks for asking about batteries. We have continued to search for a battery benefit for FMCA members. Distribution seems to be the problem. Since most battery manufacturers have a distribution network to their suppliers, it has been a little more challenging to pin down a battery manufacturer to provide discounts.

FMCA will continue to seek a distributor that may provide a benefit similar to the Tire Connection program.

Stay tuned...

I don't understand that Pete's would not give You the discount. They installed new Michelins for us--no problem. Are you sure? Perhaps you did not understand how it works.They collect only for the labor to install + balance the tire charge will be later, by Michelin.

You will see the charge after approx 2 weeks on Your E-Mail and charge card.

I hope You get this matter resolved .Unless Petes lost its Michelin Franchise since January.

Safe travels + god bless

Old Marine

We do not understand either. We noticed that four of our rear tires were bad. Went to Pete's in Coachilla. We had purchased two Michelin Tires the previous year for the front of the Coach and paid a lot less. We asked the manager at Pete's if this was the best deal as we had paid less for the front tires. He said that was the best price he could give, but if we went to the FMCA Rally in Indio they were giving some "great buys." Unfortunately, the FMCA Rally in Indio was a week after we had to leave, and we did not want to drive any further on the tires we had as they were dangerous. We have been FMCA members since 1996 (FMCA#222108) and should have qualified for any FMCA discounts available. When we got to our destination in Yuma, we were talking to some of the FMCA people and they said that the Michelin Tire Advantage Program was not just for Rally attendees, but is available to any FMCA member. With this knowledge, we called Pete's in Coachilla and the manager advised he would check into this and call us back. Two weeks went by and no call, so we called Pete's. The manager said he had contacted his "corporation" and they would not honor the program. We feel they should have honored the program inasmuch as we paid by Visa Credit card (in fact, still paying - four tires do not come cheap). We asked FMCA to look into this on our behalf, but nothing was ever done. We contacted Michelin Tire Company, and they also would not respond.

I just 6 tires today and saved about 1500 bucks. The Michelin dealer I used isn't even on the Mich dealer list. I guess you have to ask them. This dealer knew all about the program and told me it will work on about any tires I need.

What size tire did you buy ? If I could ask, what did each tire cost with the FMCA discount ??

Thanks - Nick in SC