Sign in to follow this  
nick.lahni@precisionautobody.cc

Perry Georgia Convention, March 2009

Won't be able to be in Perry this year. Did manage to get to Brooksville, FL for one day at the SEAR again this year..........maybe next time........

After the event, please let us know how it went, and your thoughts on all the RV parking, events, etc.

Haven't been to one yet, but hoping to in the future ... seems like something with family going on in different parts of the country when events are scheduled. Almost made one in 2006.

Sure looks interesting.

Have fun.

This will also be my first FMCA rally. I did go to Perry last year for the Rally. The grounds were nice and we had a great time. Everyone one was very friendly and we learned a lot. We have been camping for 30 years and there is always room to learn more. We are looking to have a great time again this year at the FMCA rally. Hope to see lots of motorhomes there!

Yes we are going to Perry. We have talked about going for about 10 years to a rally but with children growing up it was difficult to make a week-day event. However, the children are now grown and we are getting ready. I already have a few things together to take along. Any advice for a first timer?

Alot of people bring there bikes to ride all over the grounds. Make sure you come with a full water tank and empty black and gray holding tanks. Food is always expensive on the grounds so bring pleanty of food to cook. There are also quite of few places to get something to eat not to far from the grounds , but you will need a car to get there. Also get ready to have a relaxing good time, people are always very friendly and look forward to having a great time. :rolleyes:

We've been to several national and area rallies in our 42' pusher with a toad. Now we have a new 23' little one instead and it will be our only method of transportation. We noticed at previous rallies that the B's etc seemed to be parked together in one area. What's the scoop on that? Now our tanks are much smaller. Will we be parked where we can get in and out easily to leave the grounds for a short time or to dump the tanks and add water? This is a totally different experience for us and we're excited about it but would like to be prepared for whatever. :rolleyes:

The Challengers Chapter of FMCA have a lot of members going. This will be my 20th Convention, my 6th time to Perry and I have fun at all of them. Come join us in the electric sites! :rolleyes:

This will be our first rally in perry.MY question is I have the option to tow a toad or a golf cart.We will be in the generator section and have large holding tanks so 4 days is no problem.Do they have transportation to the buildings or do you have to do alot of walking.Thats my biggest concern.

Tom

GOING TO PERRY! I will be at the FMCA convention in Perry--my first time! Signed up for the full generator section--no problem with tanks, but note to those who are: there is a sanitation and water service available, according to the information in the kit. I have been to the infield at Charlotte Motor Speedway--oops, Lowe's Motor Speedway!--for years and always noted that service providers (sanitation, water, ice, etc.) were very evident. Suspect the same will be true in Perry.

Do any of you who have previous experience have recommendations on the seminars? There sure are plenty to pick from! I have circled a good number but feel I may be overloading....what advice do the "old timers" have?

Looking forward to mid-March in south Georgia!

We are going, it will be our first time as well. Any suggestions from you vets of the convention are appreciated.

Tom,

There will be trams running from all of the parking areas to take you to the Tram Transfer station located at the Clock Tower. From there you can walk to the exhibits, seminars and entertainment or take another tram that services all the activity centers.

Maureen

FMCA Staff

GOING TO PERRY! I will be at the FMCA convention in Perry--my first time! Signed up for the full generator section--no problem with tanks, but note to those who are: there is a sanitation and water service available, according to the information in the kit. I have been to the infield at Charlotte Motor Speedway--oops, Lowe's Motor Speedway!--for years and always noted that service providers (sanitation, water, ice, etc.) were very evident. Suspect the same will be true in Perry.

Do any of you who have previous experience have recommendations on the seminars? There sure are plenty to pick from! I have circled a good number but feel I may be overloading....what advice do the "old timers" have?

Looking forward to mid-March in south Georgia!

Rich & Charlotte,

We recommend that first-timers attend the "Orientation For First Time Attendees" on Monday, March 16. The orientation is presented by Don Eversmann, FMCA's Executive Director, and he will present many tips on how to organize and enjoy your visit. There will be over 125 seminar opportunities at Perry, including over 45 new titles. You will find a list of seminars by category starting on page 58 of the Convention Program and here on FMCA.com. The complete seminar descriptions will appear in chronological order beginning on page 62 of the Convention Program as well as here on FMCA.com. Many of the seminars are on leisure-time activities . . . photography, computers, geocaching, etc., and several appear in "learning levels" to accomodate everyone's skill level. We have tried to schedule 30 minute breaks between the seminars to allow you enough time to reach your next seminar destination. Some seminars require your sign-up (noted in the seminar descriptions) which starts on Monday, March 16, in the Information Center at 7:00 a.m. Do take time to greet your fellow attendees and exchange smiles . . . you will leave with many new friends. Have fun!

Chris

FMCA Staff

Alot of people bring there bikes to ride all over the grounds. Make sure you come with a full water tank and empty black and gray holding tanks. Food is always expensive on the grounds so bring pleanty of food to cook. There are also quite of few places to get something to eat not to far from the grounds , but you will need a car to get there. Also get ready to have a relaxing good time, people are always very friendly and look forward to having a great time. :rolleyes:

Go expecting to have a great time. Do go to seminars as you will be surprised to learn something new at each one. Dont worry about moving your RV, they give you plenty of room to leave. Dont expect the little women to want to cook every night, she will want to go out to dinner with her new found friends and do attend the nightly entertainment.

Guest lmakin

I am interested in knowing how you liked the FMCA Convention in Perry, Georgia.

I am interested in knowing how you liked the FMCA Convention in Perry, Georgia.

We all went to Perry and had a good time in spite of the rain and mud. It was cold and that was my kind of weather. Rain would not be a problem if everyone would quit moving their cars - that's what made the mud.

We all got out with no problem but in the hardest of the rain we were all surrounded by water. Just put on your boots and go!

Trams were excellent and drivers and helpers were very friendly.

I was parked in electric and the parking was great also. We had plenty room between coaches so we could use awning and slides and put car next to vehicle. The electric generators were parked about 50 feet from me and during the night I slept so good - their noise did not bother me. I highly recommend electric area.

From past Perry rallies it was so odd to see the number of coaches down this year and the number of vendors.

Now it's time to head to Bowling Green for the next FMCA rally. I'm on my way........see ya there!

moutonla,

Be sure to come to the Meet the Forum get together. It will on Thursday, March the 17th at 5:00 pm in Seminar Room 5. But be sure and check the schedule for any changes. It will be a good time to put a face to the friends you have made through the Forum.

See you there.

Herman

moutonla,

Be sure to come to the Meet the Forum get together. It will on Thursday, March the 17th at 5:00 pm in Seminar Room 5. But be sure and check the schedule for any changes. It will be a good time to put a face to the friends you have made through the Forum.

See you there.

Herman

We will watch the schedule for changes. We may plan on attending the get together. We do not post a lot but we frequent this forum a lot. I assume by the schedule you mean the FMCA schedule??