Traveling home from Darien IL to NJ around noon on June 5th, on what must have been I-294 headed east, we stopped at one of the toll booths, apparently I was interrupting the young lady's phone call. Not only was I an unwanted interruption, I had the audacity to actually ask "How much?" Instead of me knowing the toll schedule. She told me $1.50 which I paid, when the barricade didn't raise, I asked her to raise it and she began to berate me for not telling her that I was towing. "You have to tell me you're towing, I can't tell if you're towing or if somebody just pulled up behind you, You owe more money!!". Again I asked how much, $0.75 which I paid, and asked for a receipt. "I can't give you a receipt 'cause it got rung up wrong!!"

Like a fool I left, I think I should have taken some kind of action. Shutting down the Rig and calling for supervision comes to mind. If anyone is interested, I can and will name names. 2400 miles on this trip, and she was the only one that couldn't spot the toad, or ask if there was one!!! The next go-round of layoffs due to eazy-pass, I have a prime candidate!!!!

Y'all need to move a bit farther south, we don't:

- Have many obnoxious folks like you saw, who deal with the public.

- Have very many toll roads.

- Have high BP due to the above issues:)

I just can't allow the occasional idiot to worry me too much. They are everywhere. The guy behind the counter at (your favorite fast food place) who can't speak English, the person as the register who has no idea how to give change when you hand them $20.16 for a $12.66 total, the Government worker who just shrugs their shoulders, .......... (add your story here, there are a million of them). I wake up in the morning and am allowed to get a fresh start on my life every single day. While I am not always successful, I like to think that yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not here yet so I will make the very best of today.

I just can't allow the occasional idiot to worry me too much. They are everywhere. The guy behind the counter at (your favorite fast food place) who can't speak English, the person as the register who has no idea how to give change when you hand them $20.16 for a $12.66 total, the Government worker who just shrugs their shoulders, .......... (add your story here, there are a million of them). I wake up in the morning and am allowed to get a fresh start on my life every single day. While I am not always successful, I like to think that yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not hear yet so I will make the very best of today.

Excellent advice! There are way too many idiots out there and whenever I run into one I just count my blessing that I'm not married to her or related to him etc.

Don't pet the sweaty stuff and don't sweat the petty stuff!

Dan