keklettk

Hydraulic Leveling Jacks

I was told not to use them to lift the wheels off the ground to level the unit because the seal will go faster on the cylinders

need to use boards to get the unit close to level. (2011 374ts Georgetown)

Is this true?

keklettk,

Welcome to the Forum.

Safety is one of the most important factors when raising your coach. You may lift one of your rear tires off the ground which may allow your coach to roll. If your coach is so far out that to level you may need to reposition it so when leveling, it doesn't lift wheels off the ground.

Be safe.

My manual says not to lift any wheels off the ground. The rear being key since that's where the brakes are.

My manual says clearly to not lift the wheels of the ground with the jacks. Although it does not say why, I assume the stress on the jacks and the loss of the braking action on the rear wheels. Specifically, it says to dump the air from the air springs BEFORE leveling. This gives you a lower starting point, so the jacks don't have to extend as far.

I have tried all facets of leveling and have now resorted to using the automatic system .....however I find that although the little green ball says I am level I most definitely am not so I still have to manually lift the front to get us level. I am also sure I have a faulty manifold for the front passenger leg because when I leave the coach for two or three weeks the leg drops down on its own.

rapata,

You likely have two separate issues:

Sensor for leveling system needs to be adjusted-- use a level to determine "level" and adjust the sensor to agree with the bubble level.

Your level system may have a leak allowing the the front to drop. Contact your jack manufacturer to properly troubleshoot it. Could be an issue with a jack or with the manifold system.

We have an HWH leveling system. No one has mentioned any specific system above. When we got our coach one of the first things I noticed was that the sensor for automatic leveling needed to be adjusted. When I was unable to figure out how to adjust it I called HWH and talked to a technician. He talked me through the process, I was in a storage compartment on my back and on the cell phone to him and using our walkie-talkies to talk to Louise in the drivers seat. When I was done I was worn out! I have found that I must occasionally re-adjust the sensor but once done, the system works fine for quite a while. If you need help adjusting the sensor for your system, call the manufacturer of your system for technical help. Make notes so you remember how to do it next time.

Hello All,

I have a new to me 07 HR Scepter PLQ. Recently I tried to raise the jacks so I could go for drive. The jacks look like they are all the way up, but when I put the coach in drive the safety system starts sounding that the jacks are still down. I tried adding some hydraulic fluid per the manual and a suggestion from a friend but they still will not move up or down. Any thoughts?

thanks in advance

p.s

This is my first time posting so please be patient with me.

pilotab23,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

What brand and model jacks do you have?

On some, including our HWH jacks, using the incorrect stow procedure can trap fluid in the lines/jacks. Might start by reading your jack manual on the exact procedure for your system.

Brett

Brett,

It looks like I have the Power Gear electronic leveling for the hydraulic jacks. Unfortunately, I have no manual. Looks like I have to try to find one.

Thanks

pilotab23

Thanks I found a manual online. It basically says to check the connections, then start replacing parts one by one.

I was getting the left, right, power gear logo flashing which means a failure mode code.

Thanks for the help.