Sign in to follow this  
johntelling

Union Valley Reservoir In A 40' RV?

We are thinking about a short vacation at Union Valley Reservoir, which is just outside Placeville, CA.

I see that there are some camp sites which would accommodate our 40' diesel pusher - but what are the roads like to get there?

Thanks,

JT

Since there have been no replies with first hand knowledge.

Depending on your route, you may be able to use Google Street View to check out the roads every few miles. Just go to maps.google.com and click "Get Directions", input your start and finish, then click and drag the little man right above the zoom tool on the left. If street view is available for your route, it will highlight on the screen.

BH

We are thinking about a short vacation at Union Valley Reservoir, which is just outside Placeville, CA.

I see that there are some camp sites which would accommodate our 40' diesel pusher - but what are the roads like to get there?

Thanks,

JT

Hi JT,

We are presently camped at Ice House Reservoir in our 41' Monaco Diplomat. We drove up here on June 18th, so I have some recent knowledge of the road to our location. Union Valley Reservoir is about another 6 miles down the road and as far as I can tell and it is slightly lower (300') in elevation. I think the road from Hwy 50 to Ice House is the hardest part of the trip. It is about 9 miles to our location with about a 2000' elevation gain. The road is in good condition, but it is pretty curvy and the climb is steady, slow (15 mph-30mph) and steep (average 7 % grade).

Bill