Sign in to follow this  
jkfilson

Remote Entry

I have a 2006 Winnebago Journey with remote entry door and cargo door locks. The remote and the inside button work the cargo doors OK, but the entry door does not lock or unlock with either the remote or the inside button. When I push the "unlock" button, lights flash and the porch light comes on like it is supposed to, but there is no sound or action at the door lock itself.

I suspect that the problem lies inside the door, but just not sure.

Any ideas?

Check and see if there is a dirty contact on the door or frame that is restricting power to the solenoid.

Frequent problem on some models.

Rich.

I also have an interesting issue with the remote entry. It is on a 1997 Holiday Rambler Navigator.

The remote entry worked for the storage bays but not for the door when I acquired the unit. I found that all of the wires had been disconnected, taped up and stuffed into the door jam. After reconnecting them I had everything working and it worked well for almost a year. The issue I am having now is that whenever I turn off the ignition, the door pops open and sometimes I can not make the door stay closed when I close it. Right now I have some tape over the contacts and it closes well and stays closed.

Any ideas?

I have a 2006 Gulf Stream Tour Master with remote entry on the entrance door. We have only one programmed transmitter for the door. We have two more transmitters that I can program to work the door lock. The manual says to press the valet switch 3 times to begin programming. The valet switch and a light is supposed to be on the dash, according to the installation manual, but of course they aren't. I figure the are with the control box for the opener. But, I have no idea where it would be. Anyone with a Tour Master know where they put the control box for the keyless entry?

1997 Holiday Rambler Navigator.

Interesting, but more of a frustration for you. The fact that the wires to the door circuit where disconnected when you purchased the coach kind of tells me there was a problem and disconnecting things was an inexpensive way out.

From your description my thoughts are a bad receiver, bad ground, loose connection or pin in the power harness or a short in the wiring between the controller and the door circuit.

Intermittent problems are always real hard to find.

Rich.

PScarey1, Writes: "The issue I am having now is that whenever I turn off the ignition, the door pops open and sometimes I can not make the door stay closed when I close it. Right now I have some tape over the contacts and it closes well and stays closed."

The only other though I have: There has to be power feeding the circuit that operates the solenoid when you turn off the key, that should not happen !!

There has to be a relay someplace, maybe in the controller that gets power when you turn off the ignition key. That relay would (should be) disabled when driving, so you could not unlatch the door accidentally.

When you turn off the key the circuit energizes and it should not. That leads me to think the control board has issues. There very well could be a defective diode in the solenoid circuit or the circuit that drives it or a cold solder connection on the board.

Rich.