peanutandskippy2

Washer Will Not Complete Cycle

We have a 2005 Beaver with a Whirlpool washer and seperate dryer. The washer runs through the wash cycle but does not do the final spin. We removed it and had appliance repair check it out . The washer ran perfect in the shop for three days. I put it back in the coach and it does the same thing.

Any suggestions?

Someone said a poor ground could cause this?

Voltage is 116. Could this be a battery problem and how do i check that?

I have not tried to run the washer under generator power. Would this test show me anything, and if so what?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try extension cord from external source. Could drain be a problem? I would start trying things until I find the problem. I love a challenge and have to do it myself.

Since your W/D would not be running on your inverter, the batteries would not be involved. Also, if you have a good 116V then the shore power should not be an issue either. Which cycles do work? It fills, washes, drains, spins, fills for a rinse, rinse/wash, drain, spin, stop, etc.

I may have more problems than just the washer. The coach power turned off and then within seconds back on.This has happened twice this morning. Only one air was running. What would cause the power to switch to battery and back to shore power with minimal load? I wonder if this could be the source of my washer issue?

If ALL 120 VAC to the coach is turned off and back on, it is either a problem with the CG electrical supply, a connection problem in your shore power cord, wiring to ATS, in the ATS itself, wiring from ATS to 120 VAC breaker box or in the breaker box itself. If this does not happen on generator, wiring from ATS to breaker box and breaker box itself are OK, since those items are common to shore power and generator.

Is anyone else in the CG having the same problem? Can you plug a light or something else into the CG 15 amp outlet so you will know if the CG power is going off when this happens?

If not a CG issue, I would strongly suggest turning off inverter, unplugging shore power and with generator OFF, remove the lid to the ATS and check that first for clean tight connections. Same for breaker box. And with an ohm meter on both ends of your shore power cord, wiggle it around and see if there may be a loose or bad connection.

Brett

First off I would like to say hi all.

I happened across this post and am having nearly the same issue with a new Whirlpool Washer 7500VW on my coach. I finally discovered that the washer works flawlessly while the coach is on Shore Power,it only goes into code F-07 while on generator. This is usually during the spin cycle.. I would have a repairman look at it while at the shop (it would be hooked to Shore Power there) and he said i was probably using to much soap and that caused the code. He would drain the residual soap/water in the washer and away I would go. Then while on the road and on generator power it would go into Code F07 again. This went on twice until it hit me to try it on both power sources.

Sorry for the long post but has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help! BTW it is a separate washer dryer setup.

John

Peanut...

When you measured the voltage at 116 was there a load on the current? While 116 is only slightly sub-standard, if that is a no-load or low load voltage then it likely is dropping when a large load is put on the line. I always check campground voltage when an air conditioner is running. If it stays steady, we have good electric. If it drops a little things might be marginal. If it drops a lot it means the wiring in the campground is inadequate. You have to test under load to determine this. A no/low load voltage tells you very little.

When the washer is starting the spin cycle the motor draws a larger amperage than when the drum is spinning at full speed. The start up voltage will drop when the amperage draw increases. The same is true of air conditioners on start up. When the compressor begins to run it draws a higher amperage. Check the voltage under a high load situation. What is the voltage when one air conditioner is running? What is the voltage when two air conditioners are running? What happens to the voltage when the dryer starts its spin cycle with a load of wet clothes in the washer? You should see very little change in the voltage under these conditions if the campground wiring is good.

If the voltage is dropping sharply, disconnect shore power and run the generator and try the above tests again. That would confirm an external problem. If you get the same result with the generator as the shore power, then the problem is likely within your coach.

NashDrifter,

I think you should have the generator checked, you have a problem in the generator or its connection to the coach power.