Sign in to follow this  
Shunpiker

New Service Links RVers With Free Overnight Parking On Private Property

I have just launched this new online service and would LOVE your feedback and comments. http://www.boondockerswelcome.com facilitates driveway parking invitations between RVers.

Here, you can offer a free overnight spot to travelers or find one yourself on route to your next destination. You can search by location and even narrow your search by criteria such as RV length, whether pets are welcome, or generators permitted.

Less than 3 months old and already there are more than 300 free overnight host locations listed across North America. You can join even if you can't offer a boondocking spot yourself.

I've just joined FMCA but have been around the RV community both on and off line for many years. Find out more about me at my other web site:

http://www.frugal-rv-travel.com

Not a chance I will offer this service. The liability is too high and the person arriving on my properly is likely unable to afford a standard RV parking spot to boot. Do I want this kind of person parked in my driveway? I don't, but maybe it's OK with you. I invite my personal friends and acquaintances, but I really am not interested in the homeless, looking for a free meal pulling up in my driveway.

Perhaps a better alternative for FREE parking, aside from boondocking in someone's driveway, would be to spend $35/year to join Harvest Hosts www.harvesthosts.com which currently has a network of 379 farms and wineries in the lower 48 states that will welcome up to four RVs at a time for one night but offer no hook-ups. The farm hosts expect for their guests to buy their produce and the wineries would appreciate their guests making a purchase, so the hospitality is not completely free, but you can at least walk away with something tangible and perhaps tasty from your experience.