Hi there! We are new in FMCA and I want to know if anyone has information or experience with the Winegard Travelnet? I am looking to buy and try but know of no one who has used it or has personal information on the unit.

I would love to hear from anyone that knows something about it.

Thanks, Glo :rolleyes:

I too would like to hear from someone with 1st hand experience with this. It all sounds good, until you look at the price.

You can get all the same functionality for a lot less money.

Winegard has bundled a cellular router, antennas, amplifier and cellular service.

So much depends on how and where you travel.

Wilson makes the best cellular antennas and amplifiers.

Cradlepoint makes the best cellular routers.

Verizon is generally regarded as having the best overall service for RV travelers.

We have a video on "get away - stay connected" on our website www.geeksontour.com.

I looked at the web site and while I have a lot of respect for Winegard products in general, I am not sure it will really be all that much better than a Verizon or Sprint aircard. If you read the fine print you will see that that you have the option of selecting one or the other as your ISP.

They claim much better connectivity than an aircard but many of us use Wilson antennas and booster amps (or another brand) and also get much better connectivity than a plain aircard. We also use wireless routers so two or more computers can be connected to the internet at the same time.

I guess I would add up the price of the above options and see how the Travelnet product compares.

Travel net system. It's AMAZING!!! We bought the internet only and will get the phone service at the end of the year 2010. I used my IPOD and my laptop and no matter where we were, tunnel, tree lined roads, at the coast or the middle of nowhere...It worked.

It has great speed and is always on. A lot of folks want an air card? no way. It's slow and with Travelnet you can have several systems on at the same time. I am truly impressed and only wish we had done it sooner. No setting up dishes just log on to your laptop, and there you are. We have Verizon and there is fantastic coverage. Customer service is also a good reason to try it. Knowledgeable and patient to get you up and running. You pay the same rate that air card costs I believe. $59.99 a month is what ours costs. Don't know about Sprint as Verizon was just our preference.

All I can say is the initial dollar output is worth it. We used Hughes's net at our house, and it stinks as far as I'm concerned. We have had nothing but problems even with the new 9000 system. No phone cell service either. We are in forest land and very isolated for service. I didn't think that the Travel net was going to work either, and I was really shocked. IT WORKED, and it worked perfectly.

Well, that is my story on Travelnet. I hope it helps save others from internet woes. We love it, What's not to love? it just plain works.