Sign in to follow this  
RVerOnTheMove

Signed Up For Verizon Share Everything Plan

We just switched our service to the Verizon Share Everything plan. It's simple to calculate your costs and pick your level of data service.

Unlimited voice, unlimited text, data levels from 1GB to 10 GB and you can add 2GB at any time in the month for $10. The mobile Hotspot, which used to be an extra $20/month, is now included.

Smart phone $40/month

Regular phone $30/month

Data device $20/month

Tablet $10/month

Up to 10 devices on one account with shared data.

I now have 2 smart phones and 1 air card plus signed up for 8GB/month of data.

In doing so, I could dump Millenicom as I did not need the full 20GB anyway (saving $70/month).

The only odd part of the data pricing is that 1GB is $50/month and 2GB is $60/month. From there it is just $10 extra for every additional 2GB.

The plan looks to be a good fit for both Janet and me.

2 smartphones $80

1 data card $20

8GB service $90

Total $190/month plus taxes.

My Verizon smartphone is grandfathered in on their unlimited data plan (I know, lucky me). Unfortunately, making any changes to that phone or my plan will cause me to lose my unlimited plan. The share everything pricing is decent deal unless you are currently on an unlimited data plan. In that case, you should think twice about switching if you use more than 8GB a month. We use my smartphone as an access point when we are on the road and stream a lot of content. We routinely use between 15-18GB a month. That's for $50 a month.

We are also grandfathered in an unlimited data plan. This new Verizon shared data plan is a Verizon plan to lure us to leave our unlimited data plan, and to lure us to add more data devices. Plan accordingly.

It will happen sooner or later (especially if you want 4G service in the future) but it's certainly nothing anyone needs to jump into today. Since most of us are not grandfathered into an unlimited plan it "can" make sense for users of multiple devices.

My advise is to keep the unlimited plan as long as you can. I plan to pay full retail for my next upgrade so I can keep the unlimited plan. While the phone will cost a lot more in the long run it will be cheaper and I don't have to worry about going over. Even if I get throttled it is only for the month you use to much by VZW's standards and only when you are on a tower that has high usage at that pictular time. If I only had smart phones on my plan, the share everything may make since. But at $30 as opposed to 9.99 a line for a basic phone it is too much for me and I don't need unlimited minutes.

Hopefully, no one is going to use someone else's experience as the reason to make choices in this highly complicated mine field.

What works for one person may or may not have anything at all to do with how things would work for another.

Topics are here to post information but only the end user can decide what's right for them.

Casper47 and me are perfect examples. What he/she does would not work for me and what I do would not work for him/her. You just have to love having choices!