coreygrubb

French Quarter RV Park

6 hours ago, huffypuff said:

It is hot as heck there during the summer and not enough shade.  Yes, eggs will fry on the sidewalk.  

That's for sure! We went there after meeting up with Kay in Alabama over the summer a few years ago, it was muggy, really muggy. But its New Orleans, we still had a blast!

Joe, just keep an I out for gator's and the famous LA. Mosquitoes...one will eat you & the other will carry you off and suck you dry! :rolleyes: 

2 hours ago, rfsod48 said:

We are going to be in NO this coming week, staying at Pontchartrain Landings.

Let us know what you think of it, photos would be fantastic also. We are planning another trip there and changing it up was a discussion.

Roland, that's a nice park and area!  Little far to walk to the Quarters, but that's not the only game in town!  A lot of good things to eat and do in the rest of "the Big Easy"!  I don't do the Quarters any more, I like non tourist eats and clubs!

Will do Joe. We are mostly looking for good eats and will probably take a carriage ride around FQ. With my wife’s disability walking is out.

16 hours ago, manholt said:

Roland, that's a nice park and area!  Little far to walk to the Quarters, but that's not the only game in town!  A lot of good things to eat and do in the rest of "the Big Easy"!  I don't do the Quarters any more, I like non tourist eats and clubs!

We had a spicy pizza there with crawfish and shrimp.  It was the best we will never forget.  

26 minutes ago, huffypuff said:

We had a spicy pizza there with crawfish and shrimp.  It was the best we will never forget.  

At the campgrounds restaurant?

No but it was close to the National WWII Museum.    Magazine Pizza

LAGNIAPPE  $16.00, $20.50   Order
Mozzarella, Louisiana crawfish, shrimp, jalapeño, onion, corn, spicy white sauce.

Yes additional info on the places mentioned would be nice. We are going to be there NO in late February as we again go East to Sebring, Fla. for the endurance races. Last year a real hoot!!!

Pontchartrain Landings seems to be a good campground, easy to get to off I 10. The road in isn’t in the best of conditions but we made it with ni problems. Gated park on intercostal waterway, roads in park are crushed limestone or seashell. There is a restaurant/bar on site that has good food and casual atmosphere. We are going to explore tomorrow and set to have New Year’s Day supper at Red Fish Grill in the French Quarter.

Not dusty now,  it has rained last few days. They ran over the park road today with a tractor and drag to smooth and flatten it. I have the idea that they maintain the interior roads quite well year around. On site resturant was very passable and not terriblely expensive. The road from 10 to park is not the best but no problem driving it. Many high end coaches here, we are the poor country relatives.

Good Bill but I have a water leak to run down. Between hot water tank and bathroom. Wonder if it could be water inlet valve where you hook up hose? Having dripping in last two bins on passenger side under water heater.

Not sure if it is line between inlet port and water tank or water tank and coach. I will probably deal with it when we get to Texas.

Just a mild drip from light fixture in bin. I think it is either the valve at the water hose connection point or a pipe between the water heater and bathroom.