coreygrubb

French Quarter RV Park

11 hours ago, rfsod48 said:

Good Bill but I have a water leak to run down. Between hot water tank and bathroom. Wonder if it could be water inlet valve where you hook up hose? Having dripping in last two bins on passenger side under water heater.

Try taking out the 2 drawers under the tv in the bedroom this should let you see the water heater and connections. There is/should be a acess panel in the closet where the leaver is for bypassing the water heater. But it is easier to pull the drawers to look.

Bill

Thanks Bill, did that and no leak there. Do you think it could be the hose connection on driver’s side and the valve that fills the fresh water tank?  I assume there is a pipe going from there to the tank and that area would connect to the top of the last two storage bins.

Your lucky you got a spot...The Sugar bowel game is in the Dome, Georgia/Texas!

Capillary action can be interesting to trace down...what is above the light on right/left side?  Shower, bathroom sink, kitchen.  If it goes away by itself, I would look for cracked window seal around that side of coach...I just had a window seal replaced last week, no more leak in coach!

Leak is under floor, area of fresh water drain valve. Not in coach but I do have window seal going when it rains very hard in different area. Did they take window out or caulk around it?

Took window's out, found one, that the cut out was to big, for window:wacko: !  Last year, I had a drip in my dump bay, turned out to be a stopped up AC drain line! 

10 hours ago, rfsod48 said:

Leak is under floor, area of fresh water drain valve. Not in coach but I do have window seal going when it rains very hard in different area. Did they take window out or caulk around it?

Happy New Year.

That would be under the bathroom sink and shower. Look for cracked drain pipe for the sink and shower or outher leaks. Also look for water dripping around the commode. 

Bill

Wayne, we will be in NO for 1 more day and then heading to Galveston at Stella Mare for 1 week. Will be able to do more investigation of the leak then, for now I am shutting water off and using Fresh water tank. 

Bill, do you need to remove floor to get to pipes under BR sink and shower?

Roland, there is no RV service of any kind on the island.  :(  Stella Mara is a great park, you'll like it.  It's less than a mile from my house, but we will not be there until the 18th !  Then only for 2 day's, prior to a cruise!

Try to have your leak fixed or looked at, before you get t Galveston...As Joe said, ASAP!

Linda has all the dates & I'm not home now, but I know we will be in the Big Bend area before Easter!  For over a week.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:35 AM, rfsod48 said:

109FFC96-F843-4823-8204-D8F71AD6F161.thumb.jpeg.c6873109743f1f54a98f3db1961c9f0b.jpegD2496FCF-AF98-4140-855B-9105AF5B4CB9.thumb.jpeg.c560e3c5e8c512af585c911b37e32fe1.jpegd02121749-158D-4C8D-8794-52D302DE85ED.thumb.jpeg.3675d4deced6b3a6f870769c96dce71c.jpeg02121749-158D-4C8D-8794-52D302DE85ED.thumb.jpeg.3675d4deced6b3a6f870769c96dce71c.jpeg

Joe, a few pictures from our MH.

Not bad at all! I just might have to give that a run on the next trip to NO.

Thanks

The park is safe and easy to get to city. As you probably know the problem with NO is parking in city, very expensive. We are using Uber.

18 minutes ago, rfsod48 said:

The park is safe and easy to get to city. As you probably know the problem with NO is parking in city, very expensive. We are using Uber.

Are there any shuttles that run from the campground and back?

16 minutes ago, rfsod48 said:

Yes, runs 2 or 3 times a day, I believe it drops you at Jackson Square.

Perfect! I cannot miss my Cafe Du Monde trip while there! :wub: last time we walked from the CG down one day, the next day we drove down, parking was tough.

We went to Cafe Du Monde yesterday on the northwest side of city, no wait. Same good product as original at Jackson Square.

22 hours ago, rfsod48 said:

Bill, do you need to remove floor to get to pipes under BR sink and shower?

I don't think so. look at the top of the storage bay under the shower. See if the floor under the sink is damp. there should be a acess panel at the bottom front of the shower. 

Take a picture of where you think it is leaking.

You guys realise that the wearing of white was started by people eating Beignets at the  Cafe Du Monde? They didn't start out white but looked that way when they left from all the powdered sugar. 😄 If you have eaten there you will understand.

Bill

38 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

You guys realise that the wearing of white was started by people eating Beignets at the  Cafe Du Monde? They didn't start out white but looked that way when they left from all the powdered sugar. 😄 If you have eaten there you will understand.

Didn't know that, I get the Philly Cheese steak lean going on while consuming one so I don't wear it :lol: :ph34r:

1 hour ago, rfsod48 said:

Do we all travel by our stomachs? What’s good near Lafayette?

Sometimes! Cuisine is one additional plus for New Orleans. I had a Poboy there the last trip just across and down the block from the cafe Du Monde that I have been craving ever since.

Local restaurants are always in our list when traveling, it’s a portion of the experience you must take on when exploring an area.