mcpowhn

Michelin Advantage Program

Anyone use FMCA's program with Michelin for 235/80/R22.5 tires recently? What was your total outlaly for them and installation?

Thanks

The Master Chief

The program works very well as we saved over $300.00 on a pair of steer tires. I do not recall the total amount spent as all my files are in the bus.

Bought 6 of these Michelins - XRV - Total price including mount, dismount, balancing, new valve stems, scrap disposal fee and GA tax = $3021.44

Purchased at truck tire/repair facility in Savannah GA - do you need more details ? The price of the tire is $378.52 - list price was $744.62 - Savings of $366.10 per tire !

I used the Michelin program in March, don't remember how much we saved but it was very much worth it.

I got 2 new steer tires.

The Michelin Advantage program is the reason I joined the FMCA. I am ordering my tires next week. The dealer told me I could save maybe $25 per tire. I hope it is more than that, but apparently I have no way of knowing what the price per tire will be until after I get the tires on the coach. I would like to have 6, but that is bumping $6K, so I will start out with two and check the prices.

Marvin

Thank you for the welcome, Brett. I saw the sample price list and I wish the list were true, but I feel that it is outdated. I think tires have increased in price tremendously after the sample price list was posted last year. For instance the 315/80R 22.5 price listed is about $350 cheaper than my local dealer priced it to me without the Michelin Advantage program. That is too good to be true. Also the chart has the 315/80R about $50 less than the 295/80R.

That does not appear to be correct, as, again, my local guy priced the 315 about $130 more.

Thank you.

Marvin

Marvin - see my previous post - the prices listed on MIchelins spec sheet from last year is what I paid 3 weeks ago -- make sure your truck tire dealer abides by these prices or find somebody else who will honor those prices --

The installing dealer makes a profit on the install labor and supplies - ie. weights, metal stems, balancing, etc.

Bill,

I would call FMCA on Monday. I suspect the list is just a sample of tires available under the program.

BTW, we are one of the "old timers", though we have replaced our original 9R22.5's with Michelin 255/80R22.5's.

Brett

OK, I just got my invoice from Michelin and I was correct with not knowing how much I was being charged until I got the invoice. However, I saved a ton of money with the FMCA Michelin Advantage program. The tires were $299 less per tire than the price I got directly with the dealer. My tires are 315/80R/22.5. This is a great money saving program for anyone needing tires.

My dealer told me I bought the tires for much less than he can buy them for. The only thing I can find fault with is Michelin charged me $21 per tire for mounting and dismounting, which is fine, then charged me another $18 per wheel for removing the wheel from the coach. I thought that was a little strange. But, I cannot complain. Great tires at a great price.

Marvin

I just purchased 6 255/80 R22.5 XZE's for my 2006 Winnebago Tour through the Michelin program. My total out-the door bill was $3280, which included mounting, balancing (steer tires only) and new metal valve stems. The dealer quote at his prices was $3636 for the tires plus $40/tire for mounting/balancing. My savings were about $600, or about 1400 miles worth of diesel fuel for my coach. Great program and very easy to use. My original tires were XRV's, but, for some reason, these are in short suppy and both Michelin and the dealer recommended the XZE tires. I have since taken a 500 mile trip and am very happy with the ride, handling and noise levels with these tires, They are as good as or better than my old XRV's.

Just used it this past week. 275 70r 22.5........tires were $495.00 per plus mount/dismount and balancing. Saved $424.00 on the tires. This was based on quotes from 3 tire stores and the 3rd one told me to join FMCA program to save. This was for four tires.

Has anyone bought 295/80R/22.5 tires, how much were they? Thanks

Yes I just purchased 3 tires this year. They were around $668.00 each mounted and balanced. 18 months ago I purchased 5 tires and between then and not They had gone up $180.00 each.

They were Goodyear G670 295/80R/22.5.

Herman