mcpowhn

Michelin Advantage Program

Saved over $300.00 per tire on 6 new Michelins for our HR Admiral. What a great benefit!

Check with Costco, they can special order Michelins. I just got 235/80r22.5 for about $400. They do not mount or balance but I do that myself so that was good for me.

I could have sworn that I saw that you could get a discount on Michelin tires for your car or truck also. I have been looking around and can't find any info on that now. Anyone know if that is true? We already saved a bundle replacing the RV tires, now our truck needs tire.

I just bought 6 tires usings the Advantage program paid $2906.00

included mounting balanccing new steel valve stem and old tire disposal.

I got the tires at Service Tire Truck in Millville NJ. A great place the service was excellent and the manager Jim was nice to work with.

I just bought 6 tires usings the Advantage program paid $2906.00

included mounting balanccing new steel valve stem and old tire disposal.

I got the tires at Service Tire Truck in Millville NJ. A great place the service was excellent and the manager Jim was nice to work with.

And the size was????????

Joined FMCA specifically for the Advantage Program. Guess I should have checked availability of our tire size before I joined. Tire size is 265/75R 22.5. Anybody out there have the same "size" issue?

Joined FMCA specifically for the Advantage Program. Guess I should have checked availability of our tire size before I joined. Tire size is 265/75R 22.5. Anybody out there have the same "size" issue?

Welcome to FMCA and the FMCA Forum.

The equivalent Michelin size is 255/80R22.5. Compare the specs for that one with your 265/75R22.5. They will be VERY close.

I just paid $382 per tire in New Mexico this includes sales taxes but not mounting and balance. These are 19.5 XRVs'. Best price I could find anywhere. I'm happy with the Michelin program!! I scaled my coach and then went with Michelin's recommendation per their website for inflation. 90 Lbs front and 95 Lbs rear, rides great.

Wanted to add my 2 cents worth and a HIgh Five to the Michelin Advantage Program! Just replaced 6 tires yesterday with Michelin XRV's. Went through a great truck tire shop here in Orlando - TCI. Nice people, knowledgeable about the program, nice big shop and a BIG Lot to maneuver your rig around! And the place was clean, not like most truck tire store. Anyway, off the sreet cost for the XRV's in 245/70r19.5 was $570 each. Through the Advantage program is was $352 each!! Savings of $218 per tire times 6 is a bunch of Guzzintas (as Jethro would say)!

Sure I shopped online and locally for almost a month looking for "The Deal" and even considered some of the cheap stuff out there for a minute. You might find a price close to this online, but once you add 25 - 30 each for shipping its not the deal you thought. Also some of the truck tire shops are like used car dealers, and hit you hard for mount/balance/disposal fees on tires you carry in from someone else.

Kudos to the FMCA team and Michelin Advantage Program as a great benefit to FMCA members! I am spreading the word! And if you are around Orlando, I highly recommend TCI. I went to several other commercial truck tire outfits around here and was turned off by their attitude like a motorhome guy is gullible or a dim bulb.

I've been working on cars all my life and could quickly tell a line of BS from fact. OK, I'm off my soap box now. A

s for the Advantage program - Try it You'll like it!

Anyone use FMCA's program with Michelin for 235/80/R22.5 tires recently? What was your total outlaly for them and installation?

Thanks

The Master Chief

Just put 5 Michelin 235/80/R22.5 tires on my bus in Morton at Brahler's Truck tire supply. Only 5 because I had put one on earlier in June. I believe the first tire, in June cost $525+ or a little more. These latest 5 were going to be $2750+ but they gave me the sheet to sign up with FMC. Kind of a strange process but it cost $50 a year and when I signed up they gave me a extra year free. Anyway the tires cost me $2500 so I saved about $250 but it cost $50 to join FMC.

Those prices on that list don't include disposal of the old tires and any local/state taxes. Ours is 6.25%. The bus I have is a 99 Winnebago.

If you are already a member you save the full amount.

One more thing ..... when they put the one tire on in June they did not have a XRV so they put a comparable tire on so when they put the 5 on they matched them with the one they put on earlier. They said they actually had a deeper tread but not as much UV protection as the XRV line. They asked if I covered my tires and I said I was going to cover the new ones so they said that should work fine.

The old tires had good tread but were purchased in 2005 and had hairline cracks one inch out along the rims.

Dave.........in central IL.

I replaced the tires on our coach last month while we were in Oregon. The Michelin 255 R 70 22.5 tire price on the current Advantage Program price list is what I paid. I decided to buy tires while in Oregon to take advantage of not having to pay sales tax! I had them installed at Superior Tire Service in Eugene, OR and the work was completed in about an hour and half. I had two bad studs so STS sent one of their installers to pick them up from a nearby parts house. They billed me $7.60 for the cost of the studs but did not charge for labor to install them. I would highly recommend STS to anyone who is looking to buy tires.

Great program.. I bought two front Michelins before I found out about this offer.. wow did I save money on the rear 6 Tires.. 315 R12 are not cheap.. But the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program.. saved me so much Mulla ($$$) that I could have almost gotten the front Pair Free' ... I'm very pleased. I used Pete Tire Service and they were very helpful and we completer the billing to FMCA and I drove off.. Fantastic!! :D Rz.

Need six new tires but I have a question on the MICHELIN® ADVANTAGE PROGRAM. Can I purchase these tires and have them shipped to a local tire dealer who will mount and balance them or do I have to use a Michelin dealer? The local tire store would be much closer and is known.

We actually just used the Michelin program to put a set of 6 255 70R 22.5 XZR tires on our DP. Retail was about $4,350 with mounting, balance and disposal of the old tires. Out the door we were at $3,900.00. Not a bad savings at all. It was pretty easy to set it up as well.

Only thing that I'm concerned about is that the coaches steering now feels "soft" to me. I have noticed a much softer ride for sure. But not sure that's a good thing.

But we are leaving from Dallas on the 22nd to Greenville SC then to Frederickburg VA then to Seattle, WA and then back to Dallas, TX. So I didn't want to take the chance on the old set.

First question with "soft ride" is have you checked that the tire pressures are correct?

And if the old tires were over 6 years old or so, the rubber WILL have gotten stiffer. Just part of the natural aging process.

I bought two steer tires at our local deal he charged me 533.00 per tire mounted and he put the balance beads in.

I still need six more to have a full set of new tires. I like the idea of not past seven years on these tires. After reading this post I called the guy and he said he could get me a better price with this program, wish i would have read this two weeks ago. By the way these are 275 80R 22.5.

I purchased 4 new 245/70/19.5 tires in Nov. The tire date code is late sept. 2013. The price listed is the price I paid for the tires plus mounting.

Cost me just under $1900 which included taking the new rears off and moving them forward, all new metal stems too. An excellent program in my opinion.

Early Sept. had both right real duals blow at the same time, paid $550 per tire for Goodyears that are a year old. Not much choice when sitting on the side of the highway.

$4000 damage to the coach but fortunately no injuries or damage to anyone else.