mcpowhn

Michelin Advantage Program

netop43,

When the two duals blew, did you have a tire monitoring system running. Normal failure for duals is for one tire to go flat (nail, etc) and slowly loose air. That leaves one tire carrying the full load meant for two tires. Said another way, it is SEVERELY overloaded and therefore very likely to blow out.

With a TPMS, you usually have plenty of warning that one tire is loosing pressure to keep that progression from happening.

No TPMS.

Have been traveling for four years in this coach loaded same way.

Have weighed coach, not overloaded. Tires were six years old, had just been inspected, looked good.

Was on way home to FL to get them replaced, didn't quite make it. When new ones were installed the remaining old ones still looked good.

Feel much better with new ones though.

Can anyone tell me if the Michelin "Sample of Prices" Net Invoice Price includes or excludes the FET. For example, using the 295/80R22.5 tire as an example, would the Michelin Advantage Program drive out price for the tire only be $638.53 or $638.53 plus FET of $40.92 or $679.45? I know the prices shown as a sample are crazy as proven when getting dealers' prices, but for one dealer if you have to add the FET to the "Net Invoice Price," then there won't be much if any saving by using the program. Does anyone that has experience with this program know. Thank you!

LFSATRP

2003 Country Coach Intrigue

Suite Sensation #11518

The FET tax is separate from the price of the tire.

For example, a 225/70R19.5 Load Range F would be $351.94 for the tire and $1.32 for the FET tax.

Installation costs, as well as state and local taxes, are quoted through a Michelin Dealer that handles National Accounts for Michelin.

The samples prices listed on the flyer on FMCA.com are current program prices.

If you have questions about the program, please contact the Membership Department at 1/800-543-3622.

Sincerely,

Kathy Gebhart

Member Records Coordinator

FMCA Staff

Great program. I bought two front Michelins before I found out about this offer. Wow, did I save money on the rear 6 Tires ... 315 R12 are not cheap. But the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program saved me so much Mulla ($$$) that I could have almost gotten the front Pair Free ... I'm very pleased. I used Pete Tire Service and they were very helpful and we completed the billing to FMCA and I drove off. Fantastic!! :D Rz.

kwright, on 23 Apr 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Has anyone ever had their credit card compromised with the Mechelin Advantage program? It seems the day I registered my card it was compromised?

The reason credit cards are registered with Michelin is because it is more secure that way. The card is registered for a one-time purchase only, and the record of the card number is then deleted.

It could be coincidental that your card was compromised around the same time you registered your card with Michelin, and was not caused by registering the card with them. In the three years this program has been in existence, we have not received a single report of a credit card being compromised as a result of the registration with Michelin.

Sincerely,

Kathy Gebhart/Member Records Coordinator FMCA Staff

FYI: Apr 2014 prices: 6 - 245/70R19.5 XZE tires were $2188.32 ($364.72 each) plus $81,66 FET($13.61 per) plus the shop's cost.