kellyfrank

Can I Recharge Roof A/C Unit At Home?

In a word, NO.

They are sealed units. To recharge, you would need to solder in a valve. Also, being sealed units, you would have to locate and fix the leak.

Have you confirmed that the compressor is coming on and that you have good air flow through the condenser and evaporator?

At 13 years old, if this problem is major, were it me, I would replace with new.

Brett

You say it's not blowing "cold, cold air" so I assume it is cooling. The best you can expect is the air blowing out will be about 20 degrees cooler than the return air. If you happen to be in one of the areas around the Country where it's 100+ degrees out your 2 airs may simply not be capable keeping up.

Please let us know that the A/C compressor is coming on and both ambient temperature at the air return and out the A/C vent.

Also, if this is at your same home outlet where you are having electrical issues, get those electrical issues resolved before troubleshooting the A/C. You will sure want to verify that you have 108- 132 VAC with the A/C running, correct polarity and good ground.