homestead

Driver for Deceased Member RV

My father (also a FMCA member) passed away at his home in Florida. I am looking for a driver to bring his 40' motorhome back to his home in PA. I haven't seen any listing for this service in FMCA's classifieds or on Craigslist. Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding someone??? Any help would be appreciated!

Please accept condolences for your loss. :( I might be wrong, but I believe their is a list of FMCA members who volunteer different services for other members and driving a members RV home might be one of them. You would be responsible for the fuel used and reimburse the driver. I would go to this link and give the FMCA office a call to get the particulars.

http://www.fmca.com/home-mainmenu-1/contact-fmca.html

If return of mortal remains has not occurred, call FMCAssist, 1-877-202-4116. Give them your father's FMCA membership number and policy # CL-1001-EX. All FMCA members currently have this benefit. FMCAssist is provided by On Call, and they will return your father's remains, the motor home and vehicles towed by the motor home at no cost to you; but the evacuation of his remains has to be arranged for by On Call for any other benefits to be paid.

Thank you for the condolences and the info. Mrboyer: my father's remains have already been returned (via the mortuary) so I assume that would null the benefit?

I'll take both of your suggestions and contact FMCA with his membership info and see where to go from there!

FMCA also has “Pitch Hit Drivers” members who volunteer to help other members. They are listed in the January issue of Family Motor Coaching and on our website. You can also contact the membership department and they can assist you with contact information. You can call the office 8-5 Eastern time 1-800-543-3622.