Sign in to follow this  
3Bears

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Towing Question

Hi everyone!

I hope all are having a great time enjoying what we do...traveling and camping!

We just purchased a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe which is 6 speed manual transmission with 2wd. We were told it could be flat towed all 4 wheels down and had the baseplate installed. We just can't seem to find anywhere if there are fuses that have to be pulled as we did in our prior toad, a 2003 Saturn Ion. Has anyone ever towed a Hyundai Santa Fe and if so, did you do anything in addition to putting the key to "acc" and putting the car in neutral?

Also, does the mileage add on the odometer when you are traveling?

Thank you to all who answer and enjoy your summer!

Have you checked your owners manual? Many that are towable 4 wheels down have a short section on recreational towing with a step by step procedure.

Yes I did check the owner's manual. I also called Hyundai customer service and a local Hyundai dealer. None of them were helpful. The owner's manual speaks of pulling a trailer but not towing behind a motorhome. I did look up the 2010 Guide to Dinghy Towing and also called Remco who told me that it appears that we can tow the car all wheels down but wanted to see if someone out there has the vehicle and has done it as we cannot seem to disconnect the battery by pulling a fuse.